S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Mkrailway

My jaw has dropped to the floor when I saw the photos. Great job!!!

EricQuebec

Quote from: S&S RR on April 22, 2017, 07:05:58 PM
A few progress photographs of the area we were working on today.

I look at this picture and I can imagine an impetuous torrent in the bottom of this scene.
Bravo...

Eric Quebec city

S&S RR

Quote from: PRR Modeler on April 22, 2017, 07:36:15 PM
Outstanding. The trees really set off the scene.

Curt

Thanks - This area is now ready for the next layers - ground cover and talus.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: MartyO on April 22, 2017, 08:46:45 PM
My jaw has dropped to the floor when I saw the photos. Great job!!!

Marty

Thanks for the kind words - this area will be the backdrop for the towns of Sellios and VanGelder.  I will soon be in the structure building mode again. ;D
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: EricQuebec on April 22, 2017, 09:12:01 PM
Quote from: S&S RR on April 22, 2017, 07:05:58 PM
A few progress photographs of the area we were working on today.

I look at this picture and I can imagine an impetuous torrent in the bottom of this scene.
Bravo...

Eric Quebec city

Eric

Thanks for stopping by the thread - at the base of this scene will be the town of VanGelder with a river to power the mills.  The hole in the benchwork that you can see in some of the pictures will be the home of Bob's second kit.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

It was a big day on the S&S RR, today. I ran a SW 1200 across the complete mainline and then followed with a GP7.  It took 27 minutes to complete the run at scale speed.  I have three areas that need some work before full train testing can begin.  ;) ;D  The golden spike will be set when the HOn3 mainline is complete, sometime in the next couple of weeks.
John Siekirk

jimmillho

Quote from: S&S RR on April 23, 2017, 04:15:35 PM
It was a big day on the S&S RR, today. I ran a SW 1200 across the complete mainline and then followed with a GP7.  It took 27 minutes to complete the run at scale speed.  I have three areas that need some work before full train testing can begin.  ;) ;D  The golden spike will be set when the HOn3 mainline is complete, sometime in the next couple of weeks.

You are getting close John.  Will love to see the Golden Spike installed.

Jim

S&S RR

Quote from: jimmillho on April 23, 2017, 05:08:07 PM
Quote from: S&S RR on April 23, 2017, 04:15:35 PM

You are getting close John.  Will love to see the Golden Spike installed.

Jim

Thanks Jim - I need to start thinking about how I want to add the Golden Spike.  I may need two, one for the HO and one for HOn3.  I'm thinking the best place is where the planned transfer facility will be.
John Siekirk

jerryrbeach

John,
What a terrific scene.  I love how each element in the scene compliments the other.  The talus, wonderful carving and coloring of the rock faces, and the plethora of aspen trees, the great backdrop.  All this, and the tracks winding along the cliffs. WOW!
Jerry

S&S RR

Quote from: jerryrbeach on April 24, 2017, 11:13:13 AM
John,
What a terrific scene.  I love how each element in the scene compliments the other.  The talus, wonderful carving and coloring of the rock faces, and the plethora of aspen trees, the great backdrop.  All this, and the tracks winding along the cliffs. WOW!

Jerry

Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words. I'm finally getting to the point where I can start putting the finishing touches on parts of the layout.  I sure have a lot of structure builds in my future to complete this layout.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Yesterday, I ran the first real train over the layout and took a few railman pictures.  It has been a while since I have taken some progress shots of the overall layout so here we go.

It took 27 minutes for the train to make it's way from the staging yard in my workshop, which is at the top level of the layout, to the Eagles Nest Yard which is at the lowest level and then return.

The train was at the Mt. Allen Trestle before I thought to take some pictures.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk