Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 2) Started 2/25/17

Started by S&S RR, February 25, 2017, 10:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR Modeler

It's all coming together nicely. The holes in the roof are a very nice touch for a dilapidated structure.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

S&S RR

Quote from: PRR Modeler on September 25, 2017, 02:25:09 PM
It's all coming together nicely. The holes in the roof are a very nice touch for a dilapidated structure.

Thanks Curt - the roof holes where very time consuming but I think they are well worth it.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: Janbouli on September 25, 2017, 03:08:47 PM
Great job , what a scene this will be when ready.

Thanks Jan

I'm real happy with it.  Now for all the details, the best part.
John Siekirk

ACL1504

John,

Mackenzie Milling is looking very good.

I had a lot of fun building that one. I used it on the old, old layout. Now its on the shelf.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on September 25, 2017, 03:47:03 PM
John,

Mackenzie Milling is looking very good.

I had a lot of fun building that one. I used it on the old, old layout. Now its on the shelf.

Tom ;D

Thanks Tom

Oh yes the old, old layout.  Since my new layout is built on top of the old layout I uncover it some times when I cut into the benchwork.  In fact, I found the mounting plate for the old lighthouse when I cut the hole for the Mackenzie build. I think I sold or swapped that lighthouse some where along the line. Thanks for stopping by
Tom and the trip down memory lane.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I started installing the front platforms to the Isaac's Coal Build today.  Here are a couple progress photographs.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

tct855

John,
       This structure is really coming along N-I-C-E-L-Y  I'm lurking as you build.  Thanx Thom...

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Quote from: tct855 on September 28, 2017, 07:50:50 PM
John,
       This structure is really coming along N-I-C-E-L-Y  I'm lurking as you build.  Thanx Thom...

Thom

Thanks for following along. I'm getting close! Lots of details and weathering to add.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

A couple more progress pictures on Isaac's coal. There is lots of glue drying tonight.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

engine909

John, Great layout. Also, very nice work on a kit I built in the early 70's. Not as good.
ed