Vehicles for the Delaware & Northern RR

Started by jerryrbeach, April 06, 2017, 02:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opa George

Quote from: jerryrbeach on December 26, 2020, 08:09:47 AM

If you look back a page or two I explained how I adjust the axles to get all four tires to sit on the ground.  One of my first builds was so bad I modeled it up on a jack with the tire being changed. 

Found it!  I must have jumped back into the thread just after that post.  Great tips for completing the underbody with a minimum of frustration, by the way. 

--Opa George

jerryrbeach

George,

I'm glad the tips I offered could make these fiddly little gems somewhat easier to build.  By the way, a little birdie told me Dan Raymond's build for the challenge will be a Jordan Model A, so more tips are coming soon.
Jerry

Raymo

Quote from: jerryrbeach on December 28, 2020, 07:26:26 AM
George,

I'm glad the tips I offered could make these fiddly little gems somewhat easier to build.  By the way, a little birdie told me Dan Raymond's build for the challenge will be a Jordan Model A, so more tips are coming soon.
That's right! It's actually been a fun little build.

postalkarl

Hey Jerry:

Beautiful job on those two vehicles.

Karl

tom.boyd.125

Jerry,
Sometimes it pays to check out every thread on this forum...your work on these cars and trucks is fantastic !!!
Thanks for sharing your talent for all these vehicles you made for the layout.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

ACL1504

Jerry,

I've thoroughly enjoyed this thread. Your skills with the Jordan kits is envious.  Thanks very much for the tips.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Jerry

Hell your just not a farmer!! Your one hell of a car modeler!!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

jerryrbeach

Quote from: postalkarl on December 28, 2020, 06:04:48 PM
Hey Jerry:

Beautiful job on those two vehicles.

Karl

Karl,

Thanks for the nice comment!
Jerry

jerryrbeach

Quote from: tom.boyd.125 on December 29, 2020, 12:52:11 PM
Jerry,
Sometimes it pays to check out every thread on this forum...your work on these cars and trucks is fantastic !!!
Thanks for sharing your talent for all these vehicles you made for the layout.
Tommy

Tom,

Thanks for checking in and the kind words.  I try to offer some tips as well as finished photos.  I always struggle with build threads, I get so wrapped up in the construction I forget to take photos of every step. 
Jerry

jerryrbeach

Quote from: ACL1504 on December 29, 2020, 02:30:13 PM
Jerry,

I've thoroughly enjoyed this thread. Your skills with the Jordan kits is envious.  Thanks very much for the tips.

Tom ;D

Tom,

I'm glad to be able to offer you tips of any kind since It seems like I'm always learning from you.  Glad you found the thread enjoyable.
Jerry

jerryrbeach

Quote from: Jerry on December 29, 2020, 05:14:03 PM
Hell your just not a farmer!! Your one hell of a car modeler!!

Jerry

Jerry,

A farmer has to be a "jack of all trades".  Fortunately for me, I get to ply my non-farming skills in a great hobby.  Thanks for your nice compliment.
Jerry

jerryrbeach

Wow.  I cannot believe I haven't added any vehicles in over a year.  I'm going to rectify that somewhat with a couple pics.  The drag scoop and two wheel dump cart are by Musket Miniatures.  AFAIK, they are not available at this time.  The dump carts were used for railroad construction.  I recently saw a photo on the internet of a couple being used with a steam shovel on the NYO&W.  I repurposed mine by loading it with firewood.  The figure is by Preiser. 

Next photo is of a 1919 Reo Speedwagon.  This is a 3D printed model from Shapeways.  It came with two porthole windows on each side.  I used a file to enlarge and square up two of the side windows.  This truck has an interior complete with seat and steering wheel.  By enlarging the windows and reaching through them as well as the side and front windows I brush painted the interior.  The windshield and windows are done with Gallery Glass from Michael's.
Jerry

jerryrbeach

I took a few minutes to go through this thread and found quite a bit of it has disappeared.  I know I have some of the missing photos, I'll have to search for a couple that may have been lost. 

Either way, I'll restore as much of this thread as possible and add some additional vehicles that were completed when the forum was down.  Stay tuned.  
Jerry

Keep It Rusty

Quote from: jerryrbeach on December 08, 2023, 08:57:35 AMI took a few minutes to go through this thread and found quite a bit of it has disappeared.  I know I have some of the missing photos, I'll have to search for a couple that may have been lost. 

Either way, I'll restore as much of this thread as possible and add some additional vehicles that were completed when the forum was down.  Stay tuned. 

Jerry, any missing photos that were attachments are expected. I tried my best to restore them but there were just too many corruptions. You should not have any missing posts, however.

edit: I am seeing some missing pages, actually. I will investigate.

GPdemayo

Like the scoop and the speed wagon is an unusual looking truck, not too aerodynamic..... 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL