Atlantic and Southern RR - Throw Back Thursday

Started by ACL1504, April 28, 2017, 10:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Tom

I enjoyed the pictures of your old layout.  Was that at a different site or did you do a tear out where you are now?
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on May 11, 2017, 07:50:48 PM

Tom

I enjoyed the pictures of your old layout.  Was that at a different site or did you do a tear out where you are now?

John,

Glad you are enjoying the old layout pictures. The old layout is in the same location as the current one.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: PRR Modeler on May 11, 2017, 08:25:04 PM
Beautiful work Tom.

Curt,

Thanks, building the high trestle was a lot of fun. Hated to tear it out but needed to go in a different direction layout wise.

I have some very old videos of steamers on the high trestle I'll be sharing further in this thread.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

tct855

Quote from: ACL1504 on May 12, 2017, 07:45:12 AM
Beautiful work Tom.

Curt,

Thanks, building the high trestle was a lot of fun. Hated to tear it out but needed to go in a different direction layout wise.

I have some very old videos of steamers on the high trestle I'll be sharing further in this thread.

Tom ;D

Old videos of steamers on a high bridge???      Well!, play that funky music white boy!  Thanx Thom...

ACL1504

Quote from: tct855 on May 13, 2017, 04:45:04 PM
Quote from: ACL1504 on May 12, 2017, 07:45:12 AM
Beautiful work Tom.

Curt,

Tom ;D

Old videos of steamers on a high bridge???      Well!, play that funky music white boy!  Thanx Thom...

KPI,

Yes, sir. However, you'll have to wait as I want to show other areas of the old layout first. The videos will show is all in a few minutes.

Patience grasshopper, patience.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on May 14, 2017, 09:22:41 AM
I remember all that neat stuff.  :)

Greg,

I do as well. It was a wonderful layout but just not what I wanted. The new Atlantic and Southern RR represents the area and allows me to model something that looks where I grew up.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Well, here it is another Friday and the second Thursday in a month I forgot to add to the Throwback Thursday Thread.

I could post some today but then it won't be a real Throwback Thursday.

See ya'll next Thursday, I hope, if I can remember.

Toim
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

tct855

Quote from: ACL1504 on May 19, 2017, 01:27:05 PM
Well, here it is another Friday and the second Thursday in a month I forgot to add to the Throwback Thursday Thread.

I could post some today but then it won't be a real Throwback Thursday.

See ya'll next Thursday, I hope, if I can remember.

Toim

KP II,
           Boy, you really do throw back Thursday huh! :-X See you next Thursday, if I don't forget either! KP out...

ACL1504

Today, Thursday, I remembered.

I'll post more pictures late this afternoon or this evening.

KPII ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

After building the high trestle and double track Warren Truss bridge, I started work on the  mountain area, mainly building the tunnel portals.

I needed one for the upper track and one for the lower track. Due to the close proximity of each other I needed the tunnel portals to look as if they were built at the same time by the railroad.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com