Cypress Creek Railroad

Started by SteveCuster, July 30, 2017, 05:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrus52246

Good looking shed.  Nicely weathered.  Great job on those details as well. 

Jeff

Keep It Rusty

Excellent shed! The subtle weathering is very nicely done. Is the peeling paint done with a wet dry brush or the alcohol technique (ala Chuck Doan)?

SteveCuster

Thanks everyone!

Craig, this was done with a wet dry brush over boards colored with A&I. I use the Chuck Doan method a lot too, especially with clapboard.
Steve Custer

swisstrain

Thanks for posting your progress, Steve.  Your craftsmanship is incredible. What I like the most is the style of your weathering and aging; while everything on your layout shows age and various levels of deterioration, the structures are believable in that they look functional/operational for the purpose they were built.

Just outstanding!

Jerry

That is a fine job of weathering on those boards.  Nice detail work also.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

cuse

Beautiful work on the shed...that should have been my first SWSM kit. I came across it at a Narrow Gauge Convention years ago. I picked it up, considered myself lucky to have found it. Decided to take a quick lap and come back if I didn't find something "better". Came back and, of course, it was gone.  :'(

Not letting that happen again. 

Nice work as always.

John

tom.boyd.125

Steve,
 Top notch structure modeling. Keep the photos coming...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

ACL1504

Steve,

Looking fantastic and a masterpiece of work.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com