Building a wooden version of a Walthers Sand House and Pit

Started by PRR Modeler, August 06, 2017, 02:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

Well I finally got started on my project. This is my first scratch build and it will replace the Walther's Sand House and Sand Pit I currently have. I will also need to design a support tower to support a supply pipe from the house to the existing track sand dispenser.

I previously completed the measurements and did some drawings to help me with the project. Today I cut out the 4 walls and the spaces for the windows and doors. I was a bit rough on one window but I can make it work.

It may be Thursday before I can do more work on the project due to Grand Parent duties this week.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ACL1504

Curt,

Off to a great start. I'll be following along.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

jimmillho

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

ReadingBob

I'll be watching as well.   :D 

It was a pleasure to finally meet you in person at Tom's open house this past weekend.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

PRR Modeler

Thank you Karl, Tom, Greg, Jim, and Bob for following along.

It was also nice meeting you Bob.
Curt Webb

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

Thanks for following along Donato. I better do a good job with the talented group that's following or I will be embarrased.

I got about 20 minutes of modeling time today (Grand Dad duties) so since I did not like the one side wall with the lousy window cutout  (window was very loose) I decided to redo it. The window fits well now.

Before starting I changed the blade in my Exacto Knife and promptly sliced my thumb bleeding onto the clapboard. The good news was that it was the smooth side so when I paint it black no one will ever know.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get the wall bracing cut and glued on the walls, but I'm not sure at this point.
Curt Webb

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb

GPdemayo

Quote from: PRR Modeler on August 07, 2017, 02:25:47 PM
Before starting I changed the blade in my Exacto Knife and promptly sliced my thumb bleeding onto the clapboard. The good news was that it was the smooth side so when I paint it black no one will ever know.....

I glad you have the training to heal yourself.....wouldn't be good for the grandkiddies to come to grandpa's and find him bleeding all over his model.  ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

donatode