The Tannery

Started by fsmcollector67, November 29, 2017, 12:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinceg

I have never heard of the F&SM Tribute Kit. Is that a commercially available product?
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

deemery

Quote from: vinceg on December 24, 2017, 01:53:24 PM
I have never heard of the F&SM Tribute Kit. Is that a commercially available product?
See http://barmillsmoose.com

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

fsmcollector67

Howdy All,
Just a small update today. The cold weather, along with the prior injury slowed me down, but I am getting back up to speed. Yesterday I worked on replicating some of the pipe castings, and I have been working on the windows, and wall details. Still have some more to do on the details, and weathering. Thanks for taking a look...
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....
"Watch out for that #11 Blade"

S&S RR

Loren

It's good to see you back in action.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

fsmcollector67

John,
Thanks.....by the way, the station kit #235 was good except for one missing coal shovel on your end, and you have an extra roof bracket.
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

S&S RR

Quote from: fsmcollector67 on December 28, 2017, 11:28:59 AM
John,
Thanks.....by the way, the station kit #235 was good except for one missing coal shovel on your end, and you have an extra roof bracket.
Loren...

For those that are wondering - Loren and I are comparing the casting inventory from some of the FSM kits we bought off from eBay.  We just discovered that I was missing 9 machine tool casting from my G. Wiliker's kit. Loren was missing some castings from his Tannery kit.  I have never had anything missing from the kits I bought directly from George.
John Siekirk

engine909

John, That is because George was not a thief.
ed

cuse

Nice Loren. I really like the wall color.

John

fsmcollector67

John,
Thanks...it was difficult to find a blue that was not overpowering. I really never cared for the blue, but I wanted to be true to Georges build.
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

fsmcollector67

I finally seem to have made some progress. I managed to get the main building walls put together. I still have weathering to do, and the roof, and some details. I also got the dye tanks together for the most part, just need to weather the roof, and put some weathering around the interior. Thanks for taking a look...
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

PRR Modeler

Very nice modeling Loren. Are those individual bands you put on the tanks?
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

fsmcollector67

Curt,
Thanks for the compliment. The bands are good old brown thread, with some rust applied...I could have done the bands a little better (guess I am getting lazy).
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

S&S RR

Loren

Really coming together.  It looks great! You did nail the color.
John Siekirk

fsmcollector67

Quote from: S&S RR on January 08, 2018, 01:27:43 PM
Loren

Really coming together.  It looks great! You did nail the color.
Thanks John....got lucky with finding that cheap craft paint that was close
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

ACL1504

Loren,

It looks perfect and I can't seem to find anything more to add to the other wonderful comments on you build.

It looks just wonderful. Oh, I love the tanks.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com