Bergen Houses

Started by madharry, December 26, 2017, 06:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janbouli

Can't wait to see a street of Bergen, nice work Mike.
I love photo's, don't we all.

madharry

Tom thanks very much I really welcome your support.

Mike :) :D

madharry

Thanks Jerry for following along.
Mike :)

madharry

Jan,

I was just watching SHETLAND a TV programme and they were at the very spot I'm modelling.
The Byrygen is like Fisherman's Wharf is to San Francisco to Bergen.............. 1700 thereabouts

I'm really hoping the display will be doing it justice.

Mike

Rail and Tie

Mike

I really like that you model unusual layouts. Something I want to do going forward when I get my chance for a layout in our new shop.... if it ever gets done and if it ever stops snowing!!!

Really looking forward to this one that you are working on.
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

madharry

Thanks Darryl, you need to get that shop finished and start modelling again. Thanks once again for your support.

Mike :)

GPdemayo

Looks like a winner Mike.....I'll be watching.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

madharry

Thanks Greg it is much appreciated!

The lettering on some of buildings is quite a stand out, so I have been experimenting with Woodlands Scenics dry transfers.......... once on the new Norwegian show layout the buildings will be 2-3 ft away from the viewing public so thumbs up it should look OK. ;)

Mike

Janbouli

Letters look fine to me Mike , even from so near by.
I love photo's, don't we all.

madharry

Thanks Jan.

I have added more lettering. Painted some unpainted Preiser figures. I then adjusted the shop windows as they were not exactly to scale. Added the front steps and door.
Finally some background posters..............

Mike

PRR Modeler

Very nice Mike. Ingenious to use plastic people as mannequins.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

madharry

Thanks Curt much appreciated...............

Here is the underside of the board (does anyone else have problems finding room to take photos?) with the track attached and motor showing with wiring. I have made this robust so it should stand up to exhibtion conditions. I can shake the board around and the track and wiring stays intact............

madharry

Continuing......... the rear of the buildings will not be seen so they are made of thick 2mm card. I have measured the buildings and traced thier roof lines. I have attached 18 inches of balsa wood to the bottom of the row which will act as a support when glued to the top of the board...........

madharry

Continuing...........here is an update on how the front of the buildings look so far...........

Mike

PRR Modeler

The last shot reminds me of Bermuda.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision