Bergen Houses

Started by madharry, December 26, 2017, 06:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madharry

Still ploughing on with the windows. There are 16 pieces of wood to be cut and painted for each window times 44..........to relieve the boredom I took a couple pics of my Flamsbana train. An extra loco has just be despatched from Germany. Interesting fact as Norway is not a full member of the EU, I am forced to buy from their branch in Germany....go figure.

Mike

S&S RR

Mike

Your build is coming along nicely.  I think windows and painting castings is why I always have more than one build going at a time. You just have to get away from them and do something else for a few minutes.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

madharry

Thanks John I agree.

Steady progress on the upper floors of building 2. Next steps the fancy side supports and top drip rail. Touch up with paint and then apply acetate to the rear to represent window glass.

Mike

madharry

This is the finished top floor of building 2. The windows took 117 pieces of scale wood. Oh I wish Tichy made norwegian windows..........

Enough for today before backache and eye strain set in.............

Mike

madharry

Continuing.............I am trying to copy the shop detail of the building. I am learning as I go along.

Mike

ACL1504

Mike,

Great job on the houses. The windows look really well done. All thumbs up on this one also.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

I agree with Tom, beautiful job on the windows and walls.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

madharry

Thanks Tom and Curt for your kind words.

Here is the shop windows lined out now I just need to fabricate a door.

Mike

madharry

It has been sometime since I posted. But here is an update. Most of the fronts are complete and I have just to complete the shop on the white one.

A lot of time has been expended looking at pictures of the real thing and trying to replicate the windows and shop fronts.

Mike

madharry

Working from photos it appears the shop door on the white building is built into a recess on the left. I added a clapboard pillar to the right. Then added a pillar to the left corner attached to a clapboard recess and a further pillar that is glued at right angles to the previously glazed door. I used thick clear styrene sheet for the display window which was scored to create a right angle recess to be glued to the door. Black insulation tape was used to create a base for the window. Nearly there........

Mike

tct855

Mike,
          Nice job sir! Nice job sir!  I felt I should say it three times.    Yup, Nice job sir!  Thanx Thom...
https://youtu.be/vYEXzx-TINc?t=12

PRR Modeler

Really nice work Mike.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

madharry

Thanks very much Thom and Curt. I am enjoying the challenges of this scratch build very much. Thanks for watching.
Here is the building front completed together with a friend.

Mike

ACL1504

Mike,

The houses are coming along very nicely. Well done my friend.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

jerryrbeach

Mike,

I like the way the storefront is coming together.
Jerry