The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Dalrymple

This is making a huge difference, Tom.

Thanks for your description.  I thought they were scenic express.  I bought some boxes a few years back and some of them came with a plastic bag containing sage bush branches to use as trunks - hence the question.  You drilled angled holes in these and glued in sea moss branches.  Also very time consuming.  My friend Neil uses a similar technique to what you described in 1:32 scale - also with brilliant results, so I have a master here to learn from.

Cheers, Mark.

ACL1504

Quote from: Jim Donovan on December 26, 2019, 10:43:25 PM
Tom;

The additions really add a depth to the scenes. The picture of the double main line carving through the woods with the dirt road crossing is old Florida! If not told it was a modeling scene you would think it was a picture of days gone by.

Really nice.

Jim D

Jim,

Thank you for the very kind compliment on the scenery. Kris' trees sure help. The scene of the double track and dirt road are old Florida of days gone by.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: tct855 on December 27, 2019, 01:59:51 AM
ACL 1504,
                 Pulchritudinous metier crony, chimerical iconography.  Translation for the geriatric- Beautiful job my friend, fantastic pictorial.   KP-out...

KPI,

Thang yoo (sic) for the encomium and blandishment on the iconography, much appreciated.

KPII ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on December 27, 2019, 08:47:59 AM
Looks good Tom.....glad I don't have to rake the leaves all those trees will drop.  ;D ;D ;D

Greg,

Much appreciate you stopping by, thanks. No worries, I don't plan on raking any leaves either. 8)

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: mark dalrymple on December 27, 2019, 01:23:19 PM
This is making a huge difference, Tom.

Thanks for your description.  I thought they were scenic express.  I bought some boxes a few years back and some of them came with a plastic bag containing sage bush branches to use as trunks - hence the question.  You drilled angled holes in these and glued in sea moss branches.  Also very time consuming.  My friend Neil uses a similar technique to what you described in 1:32 scale - also with brilliant results, so I have a master here to learn from.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark,

Cheers and thank you. I'm a patient person when modeling but I think her method would certainly test my Christianity:-X

I have been guilty of certain uttering while scratch building. :-X

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I have another 16 photos of a scenic area and a local freight. However, I need to crop and clean up the photos. I'll get these posted later this afternoon.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I started removing trees in the area south from the station to the Tahope River.

I left the previously planted Kris super trees and the burned out area.

Continued in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

All the trees removed from this area were reused but relocated with the newer ones in the same area.

There were 38 original trees and now the area has 71!

Continued in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I added more burned trees and burnt downed tress to the area.

Before -

After -

Continued in a few.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Birds eye view, er drone view, looking north from the Tahope River.

Brass PFM/United 2-8-2, ACL #835 having just crossed the Tahope River bridge and heading for the water tower.

Continued in a few.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Same location but from track level. Sorry about the overhead LED lights.

Old number 835 stopped for water.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I noticed in the above photo I bumped the left side of Three Fingered Freddy's. It has been set back in the grass.

Done for this fine day.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com