The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: MAP on February 29, 2020, 10:26:14 AM
Great progress Tom.  You make it look soooo easy!

Mark,

Thanks very much. It is easy in some sections but others uses a lot of gray matter to just get it started. Then the easy part comes.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I've been a little lax in posting updates. I have to many small projects going for sure.

I'll have a photo update no later than Monday afternoon.

Tom 8)
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: bparrish on February 24, 2020, 12:14:51 PM
Tom...

This is getting really cool...

What is the current product name for the Woodland Scenics large coarse foam?

Thanx
Bob

Bob,

i apologize for not answering the question. I try to use very little Woodland Scenics material. I mostly use Scenic Express. The large course foliage/foam you see in the photos is actually several layers. However, one of the final coats used is Scenics Express Flock & Turf chunk foliage. It is pictured below and is Senics Express stock number EX882C.

Its the one in the middle.

The other two are excellent for blending as well. On the left is #EX880C and on the right is EX886C.

Hope this helps or answers your question.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

The scenic Express product is very good and is what I used on my last layout.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ACL1504

Quote from: PRR Modeler on March 01, 2020, 08:36:31 PM
The scenic Express product is very good and is what I used on my last layout.

Curt,

I do use the WS material for a base prior to applying my layers of SE materials. Thank for stopping by.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Some progress was made some scenery the past few days.

I applied white glue to the edge of the retaining wall and used Woodland Scenics Turf as a base.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Yes, I need to vacuum the left over or loose scenery material off the road and tracks.

These are just some misc. photos of the area and scenery. I still have a few more details to add.

The palm trees are WS palms and painted by the Judge.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

jerryrbeach

Jerry

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

Great photos as usual. Love what you did with Hollis Pest Control. I love that sign. It's one of my Favorite FOS Scale kits.

Karl

ACL1504

Quote from: PRR Modeler on March 02, 2020, 06:56:18 PM
Looks great Tom.

Curt,

Thank you my friend, very much appreciate the kind word and support.

See ya Saturday morning.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: jerryrbeach on March 02, 2020, 08:05:09 PM

Tom,

Looks like a walk off home run from here!

Jerry,

I very much appreciate the compliment. It means I'm on the correct track so to speak.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com