The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keep It Rusty

Zephyrus52246

Another gem, Tom.  And I'd like a redo on your brass painting techniques.  Not that I have a couple of waycars (cabooses) and locos which need painting or anything.   ;D

Jeff

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

You never cease to amaze me. That scene is just beautiful. Great job as usual. The scenery around it looks just beautiful..

Karl

ACL1504

Quote from: PRR Modeler on February 09, 2021, 06:59:41 PM
Beautiful scene Tom. I love the lighted church and the bench of rememberence for Jim. You look younger on the bench :)

Curt,

Thank you for stopping by. Yes, the church lights look good. As for me on the bench, I couldn't find an old bald guy.  8)

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on February 09, 2021, 07:10:12 PM
That's really terrific Tom!  I really hope I can see it in person one of these days.  Stupid pandemic.   >:(

Bob,

Thanks very much, yes, one of these days. Or, maybe one of these years. Crazy stuff going on out there.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: tct855 on February 09, 2021, 08:04:13 PM
ACL 1504,
                  Wow!  Nice job on the scene...  https://youtu.be/3Ds0DRCNXN4?t=128
                                                                                                                              Thanx Thom...

Thom,

Wow, thank you KPI!

;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: nycjeff on February 10, 2021, 12:09:53 AM
Hello Tom. a really nice job on the church/ cemetery scene. You do such a nice job adding little details to tell a story.   Jeff

Jeff,

I appreciate the kind words and compliment, thank you. It was a fun build, both the church and scene.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Janbouli on February 10, 2021, 08:34:19 AM
Great scene Tom . We really miss Jimmi on the N-scale forum .

Jan,

Thank you. Jim was really a great friend of 50+ years and I still miss him. Hard to believe it's been almost a year since we lost him.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: madharry on February 10, 2021, 01:02:58 PM
Lovely scene and nice tribute to a great modeller. Well done.
Mike :)

Mike,

Thank you as well. Jim loved modeling and talking about modeling.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: mark dalrymple on February 10, 2021, 01:11:57 PM
Really nice, Tom.

The scene has a very natural flow and rhythm.

Cheers, mark.

Mark, Cheers,

Thank you. I'm very pleased with how the church and scene turned out.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: sdrees on February 10, 2021, 01:27:16 PM
Hey Tom, another great scene on your layout.

Steve,

Appreciate the comment, thank you.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Rusty Robot on February 10, 2021, 07:26:00 PM
Wonderful scene, Tom. Enjoyed the church build.

Craig,

Thank you. The church build was fun and even more fun kit bashing the original kit.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on February 10, 2021, 07:35:16 PM
Another gem, Tom.  And I'd like a redo on your brass painting techniques.  Not that I have a couple of waycars (cabooses) and locos which need painting or anything.   ;D

Jeff

Jeff,

Thank you Doc. Painting brass is easy, once you get started. The brass redo was a broken brass model I got off Ebay for a few $$$.

I'll do the repair again on this forum which will include painting.  Hard to believe the repair was done on the old forum some 16 years ago.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on February 11, 2021, 01:14:41 AM
Hey Tom:

You never cease to amaze me. That scene is just beautiful. Great job as usual. The scenery around it looks just beautiful..

Karl

Karl,

Thank you for the kind and very generous compliment. It was fun putting it all together.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com