The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

I trimmed and filed the bottom of the area as shown at the point of the pencil.

Now they fit together as shown.

Continued -
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Some of the pillar sections are slightly bent. This isn't a big issue but you should be aware of it when gluing them to the roadway.

Be sure you hold the pillars tight against the edge as you glue them to the roadway.

Back later, need a break.
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Oops, sorry, missed a step with photos.

This is how the  "I" beams fit on the bottom.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The pillars were glued in place on each side and now the column supports/wedges need to be glued to the underside of each large pillar.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Now for a test fit.

Using some old foundation and support beams to hold it in place.

Level is good.

Tomorrow I'll show how I started the bridge supports and how the roadway fits on the bridge.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

deemery

That concrete bridge work looks great! 

I used end pillars from the same kit to anchor my iron bridge, painted the 'iron' color to match (the rest of the bridge is from a British OO scale kit.)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

tct855

ACL 1504,
               Very cool build!  Excellent modeling as usual sir.  I'm watching over your shoulder as you're working. Learning lots!  KP-out...

jrmueller

Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

ACL1504

Quote from: deemery on October 10, 2019, 06:11:36 PM
That concrete bridge work looks great! 

I used end pillars from the same kit to anchor my iron bridge, painted the 'iron' color to match (the rest of the bridge is from a British OO scale kit.)

dave

Dave,

Thank you. Your bridge is really neat and looks great in that location.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: tct855 on October 10, 2019, 08:19:31 PM
ACL 1504,
               Very cool build!  Excellent modeling as usual sir.  I'm watching over your shoulder as you're working. Learning lots!  KP-out...

KPI,

Thank you kind sir. Always good to hear from you. I wondered who was breathing down my neck. :-X :-X

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: jrmueller on October 11, 2019, 10:27:00 AM
Clever Tom

Hey Jim,

Thank you. This is easier than trying to get the wide road to fit with the narrow bridge.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com