First Place - Pete Watson

Second Place - Bill Scobie

Third Place - Bill Meredith

The remainder of the entries

Jaime
Narrow Gauge Convention photos

Dave K.

Quote from: vinceg on September 07, 2018, 09:32:38 PM
I stopped by the Bar Mills booth again to see if I could shoot a few pictures of the new super kit without the plexiglass cover on. Turns out Art couldn't remove it and recalled that they had a heck of a time wedging the diorama in there before they brought it out. Might have a heck of a time getting it out when they get back to the shop.

In its place, Art sent me one of the pics he took before they covered it up:

Remember, the big boat you see is not included but the little rowboat you see in the lower right is included. Also, the diorama ends at the stone wall so that lighthouse and other buildings you see in the background are not included.

The kit is very striking in person.

If you're wondering, no, I'm not affiliated with Bar Mills and am not compensated for being their newest fanboy. However, I did get a Bar Mills badge with my name on it today from Art and Jack. Apparently, I'm their new VP in charge of being a PITA.

I did take a few of my own pics thru the cover. I'll pull them off my phone when I get home and post them if they're any good. In the meantime, you'll see the real stuff later next week on barmillsmoose.com as I mentioned before.

Cheers.

For a number of years I've had my eye out for a reasonably-priced (HA!) Emporium Seafood. Looks like I just found it. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

cuse

Congrats to Sam Swanson, one of my favorite modelers, for his Best In Show module. I've been to his seminar and was amazed to learn that he models wood structures with plastic. Really really great finish work to simulate old wood. It never occurred to me that that module was his-are those structures plastic as well?

On another note, no disrespect to Sam's fantastic work, but to me, Don Railton's builds always blow my mind...he's the GOAT!

Great job Mike Engler and the rest...fantastic convention!

John

vinceg

Quote from: Dave K. on September 09, 2018, 07:50:31 AM
Quote from: vinceg on September 07, 2018, 09:32:38 PM
I stopped by the Bar Mills booth again to see if I could shoot a few pictures of the new super kit without the plexiglass cover on. Turns out Art couldn't remove it and recalled that they had a heck of a time wedging the diorama in there before they brought it out. Might have a heck of a time getting it out when they get back to the shop.

In its place, Art sent me one of the pics he took before they covered it up:

Remember, the big boat you see is not included but the little rowboat you see in the lower right is included. Also, the diorama ends at the stone wall so that lighthouse and other buildings you see in the background are not included.

The kit is very striking in person.

If you're wondering, no, I'm not affiliated with Bar Mills and am not compensated for being their newest fanboy. However, I did get a Bar Mills badge with my name on it today from Art and Jack. Apparently, I'm their new VP in charge of being a PITA.

I did take a few of my own pics thru the cover. I'll pull them off my phone when I get home and post them if they're any good. In the meantime, you'll see the real stuff later next week on barmillsmoose.com as I mentioned before.

Cheers.

For a number of years I've had my eye out for a reasonably-priced (HA!) Emporium Seafood. Looks like I just found it. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Yep. When I first saw the dio, my first thought was "Emporium Seafood meets Fox Run Milling." My guess is that both Dovertown Wharf and my Emporium Seafood will end up on the same fictional body of water that I have yet to dream up (the "lancing" part of my protolancing).
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

S&S RR

George told me that Emporium was inspired by his boathouse. Very similar.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

cuse

Quote from: S&S RR on September 09, 2018, 10:58:28 AM
George told me that Emporium was inspired by his boathouse. Very similar.

That's exactly what Jack Ellis at Bar Mills said

S&S RR

I'm back at the S&S RR Headquarters. Fantastic convention - Mike and his crew did a great job - thank you guys for all the hard work. It's always fun to see all my old friends and to make some new ones.

I took a lot of pictures on the layout tours (visited 16 layouts) - I will be sharing them on the forum as soon as I get time to process them. Minnesota and Wisconsin is home to some wonderful modelers - thank you to all that opened their homes and layouts to us. We managed to get Jaime out of the contest room a couple of the afternoons to join us on the layout tours.  Jaime thank you for all the hard work taking pictures, preparing the presentation, and keeping everyone on the forum up-dated.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

NEMMRRC

NEMMRRC

Motive Power Internal Combustion

1st Place - Pete Watson

2nd Palce - John Ehresmann

3rd Place - Jim Burchell

Jaime

NEMMRRC

Rolling Stock - Caboose

1st Place - Larry Diehl

2nd Palce - Al Collins

3rd Place - John Hotvet

Jaime

NEMMRRC

Rolling Stock - Revenue Freight Car

1st Place - Dan Stenger

2nd Place - Bill Meredith

3rd Place - Jim Zeren

Jaime

NEMMRRC

NEMMRRC

Rolling Stock - Logging Car

1st Place - Thomas Atherton

2nd Place - Don Railton

Jaime

NEMMRRC

Rolling Stock - Special Equipment

1st Place - Jeff Boock (entry is for 3 pieces of equipment)

2nd Place - Thomas Atherton

3rd Place - Chuck Lind

Jaime

Karl.A