Backwoods NE in Florida

Started by cuse, December 21, 2013, 08:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bparrish

Yep..........

pretty cool

Thanx
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

cuse

Thanks guys.

I haven't been on the Forum much lately and when I checked in, I saw some action on my thread. I was hoping somebody worked on my layout, because I sure haven't. ::)

soon.

cuse

Here's what I've been developing...wouldn't be honest to say "working on" yet. I'm creating more develop-able real estate in my harbor area by building another little wharf. I have two awesome little Bar Mills kits that would be dwarfed by the Executioners Rocks structure which I hope to squeeze into the bulk of the available corner - so I'm adding a little wharf in the front for them to occupy. They are Hurst Boiler and the Barn at Jackson Corners. I've always loved the classic lines of the barn and always thought of some spacious area it could one day occupy. Well, the wide-open spaces on this little layout are long gone, but I think it would make a nice little waterfront warehouse.

So far, I'm just mocking up to help visualize.

John

GPdemayo

I'm glad I'm not alone in the slacking dept...... ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

I'm trying, I'm trying! It's tuff being me!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

gnatshop

Is this now the 'Slackin' Butty Group'? 
If so, I'm a bona-fide out of state member!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

bparrish

I would definitely qualify for this sub group........

Let's see here................ slacking riff - raff or is it riff -r raff slackers? ? ? ? ?

see ya
Bob

GPdemayo

Quote from: gnatshop on April 19, 2014, 08:14:12 PM

Hey, we have a great new group going here!!!

Watch out though, the real serious guys may try to have an intervention with (or for ?) us.....
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: gnatshop on April 19, 2014, 08:14:12 PM

Gman,

I definitely want to be a member of your group! Let's not forget this is Cuse's thread.

John, The warf scene will be a big eye catcher when finished. Can't wait to see it!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

bparrish

gnatshop

Quote from: bparrish on April 20, 2014, 01:11:24 PM
Cuse who  ? ?? ?
see ya  Bob 
'Cuse he fessed up to slackin' and started this whole darn sub-chapter of the SBG mess!!!  8) 8) 8)
Who else woulda' thunk of addin' a wharf so he could add more buidin's?
Dirt real estate! - Who needs it?   Purty darn ingenious (or just weird-minded) feller!   ??? ??? ??? ???

At least the Arky chapter is keepin' seruss about this slackin' shtuff - I been doin' it all weekend!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

P.S. This place needs more smileys!!!

GPdemayo

Don't forget John, you can get more wharf for your buck if you knock out those closet walls!  ;D

More wharfs = more structures.....
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

S&S RR

Quote from: Cuse on April 19, 2014, 10:14:02 AM
Here's what I've been developing...wouldn't be honest to say "working on" yet. I'm creating more develop-able real estate in my harbor area by building another little wharf. I have two awesome little Bar Mills kits that would be dwarfed by the Executioners Rocks structure which I hope to squeeze into the bulk of the available corner - so I'm adding a little wharf in the front for them to occupy. They are Hurst Boiler and the Barn at Jackson Corners. I've always loved the classic lines of the barn and always thought of some spacious area it could one day occupy. Well, the wide-open spaces on this little layout are long gone, but I think it would make a nice little waterfront warehouse.

So far, I'm just mocking up to help visualize.

John

John

I don't know what happened to your thread - looks like you forgot to lock the door.  I like using mockups and visualizing what I'm going to do in a new area.  It really helps with the do overs. I think the wharf is going to look great.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

cuse

Things are kind of at a standstill here. I'm pondering my trackwork/locomotives...they're just not getting along. I'm actually thinking about ripping up the track and going to a larger rail size and maybe even removing some of the funkier trackwork to make it EXTRA simple and foolproof. That got me thinking "maybe just HOn3 track which would allow me to plunk down one of those Blackstone sound-equipped beauties".

I really like those new Minitrains steamers in HOn30, but I was told the flanges were too deep for my N scale code 55 track.

Think, think, think  :o

John

cuse

Regarding my previous post...keep in mind that I consider my layout more of an operating diorama. I only care about scenery. I like to slowly run a train around and around in beautiful scenery. I really would be fine without DCC, in fact. I just want 2 or 3 beautifully detailed, oily smooth locos on the layout - although I'd settle for 1!

John