PRR Bellevue Sub Build

Started by PRR Modeler, June 07, 2020, 02:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

What Bob & Tom said.....well done Curt, great scene,  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Lynnb

Looking good Curt, I have the same setup with the ws static grass applicator, I tried it once and also quickly learned that the green painters tape is your friend.
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North

My Layout Venture-> https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=6003.0

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

Thank you Karl, ReadingBob, Tom, Greg, Lynn for your kind compliments and following along.

Today I finished the next section containing the Walthers Northern Power and substation. It's quick when the structures are already built and everyday is Saturday except Sunday.

The next section will have the FOS kit Hendrix Type Foundry in it with a tree area between the two areas.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

postalkarl

Hey Curt:

Looks just beautiful.

Karl

PRR Modeler

Good Afternoon,

Karl- Thank you for following along and your kind words.

Today I finished the FOS Hendrix Type Foundry section that also includes the Monster Modelworks Tower (has interior and lighting). I moved the wood structure addition on Hendrix's to the side instead of on the back (lighted also). The tower sits at the entrance to the engine servicing area with round house.

I want to do some testing for the ground cover in the ESF before getting started with that section to see what looks best to my eye.
Curt Webb

ACL1504

Curt,

The scenery is looking very nice. Looks like you were busy, great job.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

jerryrbeach

Curt,

Great progress, really like the scenery!
Jerry

tom.boyd.125

Curt,
The layout is looking great. Very nice modeling !
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

GPdemayo

Great job on the structures and scene Curt..... 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

postalkarl

Hey Curt:

The layout is looking just great. Can't wait to see more.

Karl

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

Thank you, Tom, Jerry, Tom Boyd, Greg, and Karl, for following along and your kind comments.

I decided to start landscaping the tracks and area around the roundhouse before doing the approach track area. The tracks were completed in 4 steps:

1. Tape the area.
2. Put down Scenic Express Fine Sand and glue down with my regular ballast/ground cover glue mixture.
3. After dry give a coat of A&I.
4. After dry brush on grimy black weathering powder followed by another coat of A&I to get it into the sand and give a covering.

The ground cover will be the next step 
Curt Webb

SteveCuster

Looks great Curt! Is that tower from Monster Modelworks?
Steve Custer

PRR Modeler

Steve thanks for following along and your kind words. Yes, that is the MMW brick tower.
Curt Webb

postalkarl

Hey Curt:

Looks just great so far. Can't wait to see more.

Karl

PRR Modeler

Evening All,

Karl thank you for following along and your kind words.

It's been almost a month since I have posted on the build. I have completed the engine service facility except for the dwarf signals that Jon Shubert is building for me. I need to paint the left side fascia that I put up today then I'm taking a break from the layout and will be building the FOS REA freight station for the build challenge. Of course I'll have a build thread. I ordered the paint for it yesterday (selection at LHS is poor).
Curt Webb