PRR Bellevue Sub Build

Started by PRR Modeler, June 07, 2020, 02:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR Modeler

Here are some more photos. Note the 2 dwarf signals behind the elevated one.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Mark Dalrymple

Coming on nicely. Curt.

Enjoy the break from the layout.  I'm sure we all will - as we watch your build challenge.

Cheers, Mark.

GPdemayo

Great update Curt.....you've been busy. Like the signals, they really add a neat visual dimension to the empire.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

postalkarl

Hey Curt:

Beautiful RR. I'm very impresses.

Karl

Judge

Curt - Your little part of the Pennsy is really coming along.  Looking good!  Happy New Year! Tom and I look forward to seeing you on the A&S property after its CEO recovers from surgery.   

postalkarl

Hey curt:

looking at the photos again and I really love the roundhouse and all those great locos.

Karl

ACL1504

Curt,

Happy New Year! The layout is looking very good and well done.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

Thank you Mark, Greg, Karl, Judge, and Tom for following along and your kind words.

I'll be taking a sort break from this thread to participate in the 2022 build thread.
Curt Webb

postalkarl

Hey Curt:

You are quite welcome.

Karl

GPdemayo

Looks like you're getting close to having a SBG open house at the Pennsey.  ;)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

It has been quite a while since posting here. Since I don't know where to start I will just post about the latest project.

Tom (ACL1504) has a wooden beam crane sitting on his layout that every time that I visit I stare at it because I really like it. Tom was kind enough to loan it to me as a reference so I could build my own. I also decided to "beef" it up some. Tom also gave me about 100 NBW's that he believes are from Campbells. I'll be returning around 20 of them.

For the structure I used wood and sheet styrene (for sale sign). The wood glue was Titebond and for the styrene I used Gorilla Gel CA.

The wood stain is Hunterline Russet Stain which is the same as the original. I sprayed the styrene parts with rattle can flat black and touch up was Tamiya XF-69 (NATO Gray). The winch was painted rattle can gray and touched up with the Tamiya and gray craft paint.

The shuttle was made from wood and styrene. The wheels are from a broken 1920's REA vehicle (used the tire rims).

The first 2 photos are the original crane.

20231124_104706.jpg

20231124_104731.jpg

Curt Webb

PRR Modeler

OK, I figured how to do photos again. The rest of the photos are of the one I built.

20231122_102142.jpg

20231124_093957.jpg

20231124_094010.jpg

20231124_094030.jpg

Curt Webb

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb

PRR Modeler

And finally on the layout. The current plan is to modify a poorly running 44 Tonner I have to show an engine removal.

20231124_094516.jpg

20231124_094545.jpg

Curt Webb

nycjeff

Hello Curt, what a great job on the beam crane. The wood color looks very naturally aged and I also like the metal details. I can't wait to see the rest of the mini-scene with the 44 tonner completed.
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's