The Atlantic and Southern Build, Part 1

Started by ACL1504, December 21, 2013, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

I have one more set of concept drawings for the new layout from Frank Baker, Erieman! Frank has been a great source of ideas. With this last set, I told him I had plenty of ideas to draw on.

Thank You Frank! Your assistance has been invaluable.

Note also with these plans Frank went so far as to include a stat sheet with the track plan. The word "stat" isn't what I wanted to use but I couldn't think of the correct terminology.

Continued in a few.
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I mentioned earlier in the thread I planned to install new carpet. I chose a commercial indoor/outdoor carpet from Lowes. The carpet comes in a 12ft. width and I needed 58 feet of the stuff. I think I paid .63 per linear foot of carpet!

Lowes was good to their word and dropped/delivered the carpet to my abode the next day!

This roll of carpet weighed I guessing no less than 400+ lbs.

I pulled a slight con and got SBG, Greg DeMayo, over to help me with the carpet. Here, Greg is measuring for a cut. We had to roll it out, measure for the cut, cut it, roll it back up and get it in the man cave! This wasn't as easy as I hoped.

I purchased two four wheeled appliance dollies from Lowes. After rolling it up we struggled to get it on the dollies and then added 10 years to our youth getting it through the yard, gate, around a Fox Tail Palm, around the pool steps and angled it into the trainroom. Here you see how happy I am to get it this far!

That isn't a smile on my face, it's a look of  "What the **** am I doing this for"? Notice I'm also wearing one of Jimmy's finely styled shirts?

Continued in a few.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Okay, fast forward and the carpet is being installed. I just laid it over the old green indoor/outdoor carpet using the green as a pad for the new one. In the next photo you are looking south to the southeast corner of the room.

I then needed to install the carpet in the little bump out of the room but realized in my haste to get the carpet in I failed to paint the wall. The wall was painted and the new carpet was then placed in the bump out. This view is looking west by northwest.

In order to continue laying the carpet I had to clear all the stuff in front of the roll. This stuff was placed on the new carpet in the bump out area.

Continued in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Zephyrus52246

Nice yellow boxes!  Sorry I wasn't there to help with moving the carpet.   ;D

Jeff

bparrish

Tom.......

Do I need to remind you that we do this stuff for fun ! ! ! !

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

ACL1504

The photo above is very deceiving as the stuff in the photo is but a small fraction of the crap I have in the room. I found myself moving stuff from one part of the room to the other and then back again. Yep, that's me, Bilbo Baggins, there and back again.

The carpet is getting rolled out and I find more wall to be repaired and painted.

I get up to the book cases with the carpet and now I have more moving to do! Both book cases needed to be emptied, moved, carpet rolled out, book cases moved back and then reloaded.

My guess is that I've moved almost everything in the room at least 5-6 times just to get the walls painted and the carpet down. I only moved the book cases twice.

That's it for now!

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on April 06, 2014, 04:01:14 PM
Nice yellow boxes!  Sorry I wasn't there to help with moving the carpet.   ;D

Jeff

Dr. Jeff,

Thanks for stopping by, much appreciated. Yes, the boxes are very nice. The contents are even better. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  All my red boxes are out of view. Greg and I are sorry you weren't here as well. We could have used 6 other forum members for the carpet move.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: bparrish on April 06, 2014, 04:03:56 PM
Tom.......

Do I need to remind you that we do this stuff for fun ! ! ! !

see ya
Bob
Bob,

Oh yes, we can say that! Now that it's over I can say that!  ;D ;D ;D However, it wasn't fun doing it. :'( :'( :'( :'(

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

bparrish

Tom...

Look on the bright side of having to move stuff repeatedly...... any job worth doing is worth doing twice ! ! !

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

gnatshop

Glad to see that the Ledbetter shelf and it's contents came through all the
shufflin' OK!!  ;D ;D ;D
It got a little scary when I realized that DeMayo boy might get close to it!  ::) ::) ::)

ACL1504

Quote from: bparrish on April 06, 2014, 04:40:43 PM
Tom...

Look on the bright side of having to move stuff repeatedly...... any job worth doing is worth doing twice ! ! !

see ya
Bob

Or three or four times even!

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: gnatshop on April 06, 2014, 05:03:56 PM
Glad to see that the Ledbetter shelf and it's contents came through all the
shufflin' OK!!  ;D ;D ;D
It got a little scary when I realized that DeMayo boy might get close to it!  ::) ::) ::)

Gman,

It was a little scary for usins both!

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Erieman

Enough of my ideas! Your giving me a big head. Your turn, what are you going to do?!!! :) :) :) Inquiring minds want to know. We are all on pins and needles waiting for you to show us what you have in mind. Glad I could be of some help and hope that some of the ideas get incorporated into the new layout. I'll be watching. Now don't spill any paint on that new carpet!!!

Frank / Erieman

Amagic41

Me I'm drooling at all those yellow boxes on the table . Well maybe one day ........ one will make to my workbench
Ken Crump
KC's Workshop
Bowie,Md
www.kcworkshop.com

gnatshop

Quote from: Erieman on April 06, 2014, 09:56:57 PM
Enough of my ideas, what are you going to do?!!! :) :) :) We are all on pins and needles waiting for you to show us what you have in mind. glad I culd be of some help and hope that some of the ideas get incorporated into the new layout. I'll be watching. Now don't spill any paint on that new carpet!!!   Frank / Erieman   
In other words, none of the SBG is allowed a paint-brush in hand!  I won't identify specific ones, but you know who they
are!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D