The Atlantic and Southern Build, Part 1

Started by ACL1504, December 21, 2013, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

Quote from: ReadingBob on May 19, 2014, 08:01:49 AM
That'll be Greg's job.  He runs into the back of trains when you not looking anyway.   ;D   ;D   ;D

Jeeze Bob, do you have to blab about all my minor faux pauxs !!! :-[
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: PennsyJ1 on May 18, 2014, 05:39:05 PM
Mr. Tom, It is great to see wood in that corner of the room again. It looks like it is coming along great so far. Hang in there.

Bill,

Thanks for stopping by and checking in, much appreciated. I can't wait to get the track in!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: BandOGuy on May 18, 2014, 08:13:38 PM
1.5% grade?
Child's play for coal haulers. Use pushers. Adds interest to Operations.

Hey, I appreciate you following along on the adventure. My grade will only be 1.2% but a helper for the long coal train behind the Challenger will look good!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on May 19, 2014, 08:21:37 AM
Quote from: ACL1504 on May 18, 2014, 02:01:17 PM
Quote from: GPdemayo on May 18, 2014, 09:42:35 AM
There's no need to get insulting, calling me a government worker.  :o

If I was a bureaucrat, the ovalix drawings wouldn't be complete for another 8 months and they would be all screwed up.  ;)

Certainly you know I was just kidding! This ovalix wouldn't be looking like this without your unselfish and tireless work on the CAD drawings you've done for me. I do appreciate it very much! Have I groveled enough?

Tom ;D

Good start, I'll think about the requisite amount of groveling and get back to you!  :)

Your groveling check is in the mail along with the one I sent Pegi three years ago! Not sure why it hasn't arrived!

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

It's the federal government Tom!
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Well, I got the benchwrok finished for the ovalix! It's amazing what one man can do when he has the time to work without interuptions. The area where the ovalix is located is 7X10.  The first photo is of the benchwork base.

This next photo is of the lower level benchwork with the first loop of the ovalix in place.

The next two photos are of the Micro Mark  Digital Level and Grade Gauge Meter. I was resetting it back to Relative Zero and then the 1.25 grade and the actual grade I'll have of 1.10.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Stopped by to see if you had been busy!  Looks like you have - looks great!  You will have trains running in no time.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on May 23, 2014, 08:05:15 PM
Stopped by to see if you had been busy!  Looks like you have - looks great!  You will have trains running in no time.

John,

Thanks for stopping by! I'm at least getting close to getting trains running on the ovalix.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Yipee, there be assembled wood in the shed!   8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on May 24, 2014, 08:55:18 AM
Yipee, there be assembled wood in the shed!   8)

Yes, there is assembled wood in the shed and plenty of unassembled wood in the shed as well! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I got more done (along with the help of the Judge) on the ovalix today! I got the buss wires in place and secured the base to the benchwork and glued the first loop of the ovalix together. Here are more boring photos of todays work.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PennsyJ1

Looking good Tom. Progress!!! ;D. Probably a little less chomping going on now.
Bill Cutler
bcutler123@comcast.net

ACL1504

Quote from: PennsyJ1 on May 24, 2014, 04:35:38 PM
Looking good Tom. Progress!!! ;D . Probably a little less chomping going on now.

Thanks Pennsy,

Appreciate you stopping by! I'm still chomping to get some track down and test it! Maybe in the next few days!

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

cuse

Very nice Tom. That's some solid progress on the "heart" of the new layout

John

GPdemayo

Oh my, that photo looks like a drawing I once saw!  :)   ;)   ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL