SRMW TUCKER & COOK MILL - 2021 Build Challenge

Started by S&S RR, January 01, 2021, 10:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WigWag Workshop

Really like the Photo-Etch fire escape, where are they from?  I have done a lot of 1/35th scale Photo-Etch, I find them fun to build.

-Steven
A BIG Thanks to all the folks who share their knowledge, and for giving me the inspiration to push the limits in this great hobby!

S&S RR

Quote from: Oldguy on March 18, 2021, 09:44:47 AM
That looks really, really good.

Bob

Thank you for following along and the encouraging words.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: WigWag Workshop on March 18, 2021, 11:08:40 AM
Really like the Photo-Etch fire escape, where are they from?  I have done a lot of 1/35th scale Photo-Etch, I find them fun to build.

-Steven

Steven

This one came with the SWMW kit but I believe Bob got them from Sheepscot.  I don't know if they are still available.  Can anyone help with that question?
John Siekirk

Rail and Tie

I know that Dario at Rail Scale Miniatures picked up SWMW's castings, but not sure if he happened to get anything that came along with it passed through to Sheepscot. You could ask Dario

Rail Scale Miniatures

Quote from: S&S RR on March 18, 2021, 01:00:15 PM

-Steven

Steven

This one came with the SWMW kit but I believe Bob got them from Sheepscot.  I don't know if they are still available.  Can anyone help with that question?
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

S&S RR

Quote from: Rail and Tie on March 18, 2021, 05:09:36 PM

I know that Dario at Rail Scale Miniatures picked up SWMW's castings, but not sure if he happened to get anything that came along with it passed through to Sheepscot. You could ask Dario

Rail Scale Miniatures

Quote from: S&S RR on March 18, 2021, 01:00:15 PM

-Steven

Steven

Darryl

Good point, and worth a try.
John Siekirk

Mark Dalrymple

S&S RR

Quote from: Mark Dalrymple on March 19, 2021, 11:52:05 AM
Coming on a treat, John!

Cheers, Mark.

Mark

Thank you, I'm getting back on this build today after my two weeks away from the workbench. I need the therapy.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Here is a process photograph.  I completed the rafter tails and have the front half of the roofing on the axillary buildings.

The question of the day, can I finish this by the 15th of April.  Uncle Sam gave us an extension on our taxes do we get the same extension for our build challenges??? :-[
John Siekirk

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

postalkarl

S&S RR

Today, I got back on this project and made some progress. I completed the roof materials on the axillary buildings and got started on the weathering process for the roofing.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

I also made the final adjustments and dry fit the fire escape before sending it to the paint booth. It has a fresh coat of black paint and will be ready for installation, tomorrow.

John Siekirk

Janbouli

Back and at it again , great John, can't wait to see this on your layout
I love photo's, don't we all.

Jerry

John a fine job your doing with this one.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

postalkarl

Hey John:

Still look just beautiful. I' sure the fire escape will look just great.

Karl