Saturday 13MAR2021

Started by MAP, March 13, 2021, 07:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAP

Good morning!  Where is everybody?  A sunny, cool start to the day here. I've got a few chores today, then taking my wife for her 1st vaccine this afternoon.  Hope to sneak in some modeling this afternoon.  Be safe!
Mark

Jim Donovan

First cup of coffee and enjoying the morning. Wife is going out with the girls so I get the day to enjoy. Plan to get some work done on layout. Have a great day everyone,

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

ACL1504

Morning all,

Mark, I've been getting my tools ready for a day of yard work. Early start on Spring clean up.

I've had my fresh squeezed orange juice and I'm set for the day. Now where is that Diet Pepsi?

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Raymo

Morning all. Remember to change the clocks tonight. Another cold and windy Saturday around here, think I'll stay in. A photo of a couple of Jordan's, not Jordan Miniatures but Jordan Motorcars models made by Sylvan.

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

We're back to the calendar's reality with a 24 degree start to the day, high around freezing and with wind chills in the single digits, teens if we're lucky.  Given the wind chill I'll probably keep my time outside to a minimum and work inside on my layout where it is warmer.

Tom,
Strange you should mention Diet Pepsi as I'm about to embark on a quick trip to Dollar General to replenish my supply.  I sometimes wonder if I should send you a "Thank You" card for my addiction.

Dan,
As usual, great looking cars!

Everyone have a safe and productive day!

Jerry

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Slept an hour late.  Off for the weekend, though.  Supposed to be 60 today, but snow on Monday.   :o Hope to finish the challenge build today, but we'll see. 

Jeff

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Tomorrow that "sleep an hour late" would be two hours Jeff.   :o

Great looking vehicles Dan!

Not much planned for today other than some workbench time.  I should clean up the yard a bit too but I may (okay, probably will) procrastinate on that chore.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Blazeman

Clear and crisp this AM in SE PA.  More seasonal temps today, chillier tomorrow and Monday.

Later this morning, another session for dismantling our departed friend's layout. 

To echo an earlier reminder, spring ahead tonight with your clocks. Back to dark mornings.

Good day everyone.

Larry

Opa George

Good morning, world,

Took advantage of the one day a week to sleep in. This is a very welcome weekend following a brutal week at work as COVID had a number of teachers out and substitutes are few and far between. I had to pitch in and teach math all day--and when I'm needed to teach math, you know we're desperate!

But better weeks are ahead as a significant portion of our staff has now either gotten the first shot or have appointments coming up for the vaccine.

A very bright spot--our bathroom remodel finished on Thursday and yesterday I had my first full luxurious shower in a while.  Today Amy has big plans and a big gift card to Home Goods, so we'll be off after grocery shopping on an epic quest for accessories for our new bathroom.  This of course is her version of me going to a train show!

In the meantime, I'm boiling sliced beets and just hard-boiled two dozen eggs to make a big jar of pickled red-beet eggs.  Should be a good weekend.

Take care everyone!

--Opa George

jerryrbeach

Belated Birthday wishes to John as well as congrats on his newest grandson!
Jerry

ReadingBob

Quote from: jerryrbeach on March 13, 2021, 08:40:25 AM
Belated Birthday wishes to John as well as congrats on his newest grandson!

Yes!  Sorry I forgot.   :-[  Happy Birthday John and welcome to the newest engineer on S&S Railway!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

I missed a  birthday and new addition to the S&S RR! :-[

Congratulations my  friend on both occasions.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Good morning! I have been sitting here working on some correspondences and forgot to sign in. :-[  I'm planning on some scenery work on the layout along with some more work on the challenge build, today. Thank you for all the well wishes, another year older, but I sure got a great birthday present. I hope everyone has a great day.

Great look vehicles, Dan.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

jrmueller

Good morning. Sounds like many of us started our Spring cleanups. Saw my first dandelion today. Watching the nuthatches tend to their nest. Jim. Forgot-  Great looking cars Dan
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad