FSM Crocker Bros Feed Mill

Started by SteveCuster, April 21, 2021, 07:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keep It Rusty

Lovely work as always, Steve.

How much more of the layout do you still need to fill?

SteveCuster

Thanks everyone!

Craig, I still have quite a bit more to add to the layout before it starts to get close to finished. Of course it all depends on how many structures and how detailed I make them but I'm sure it'll still take me some time. Here's a few progress shots of how the layout is coming together and where the major holes are.

This is the spot where this kit will live. I'll add a road connecting the area in front of Chippy Hollow and it will sweep in front of Crocker Bros. I need to build something small the fit in the little void between the kits.

This photo shows the overall a bit better..excuse the mess of course. You can see this kit in the front of the mountain to the right. I'm planning on pulling The Shipyard in the front and reworking it a bit. It was one of my first kits I built coming back to the hobby and I'm not entirely happy with the finishing especially the roof. Emporium Seafood and Foss Landing will also get some touching up. Neither one is secured so it's really easy to remove them.

This image shows the spot that will probably get my attention sooner..the area to the right of my O'Neills Fabrication/Quincy Salvage diorama. I do have quite a few smaller main street type buildings finished that I will use to populate this area, they are sitting on the shelf above my workbench. I'll still need some more buildings and a few bigger ones back here as well.

Hopefully that gives some idea of what's missing and maybe what I'm thinking in my head.

Steve Custer

postalkarl

Hey Steve:

Looks just great so far. I just can't wait to see your RR one of these days.

Karl