Saturday, May 8, 2021

Started by Opa George, May 08, 2021, 06:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opa George

Good morning, all,

Ah, Saturday--my favorite day of the week.
Cold and wet today but with the promise of sun and drying out.  So maybe some yard work later. I have to proctor an online exam for a homebound student mid-day, but other than that it's wide open. 

Have a great day and weekend all.
--Opa George

ACL1504

Morning George and others,

Yes, everyday is a Saturday around here. Love it.

Not much else to add. Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

jerryrbeach

Good morning. 

Crazy as it sounds, it was snowing here earlier this morning.  Big white flakes falling from the sky.  Of course the ground is too warm for it to stick...

The earlier snow is now rain, looks like a wet one here though we may see the rain stop later in the day. 

Everyone have a great day!
Jerry

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

After another long stretch at work, I'm off for two days.   :) We'll see if I manage to get back to the workbench today.

Jeff

Jim Donovan

Saturday is my favorite day as well, just have a hard time remembering which day that is since I retired.  ::)  Going to be a really nice day here, currently 55 going to 80.

Need to clean garage then day is mine.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

Raymo

Morning.. Taking Ma up to camp overnight for a test run to see how she does. Don't forget tomorrow is Mother's day!

MartyO

Morning,

I lied yesterday about working on a structure; today I am going to say the same lie!
Marty

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
Sunny and 50...going up to 60 today...next 7 days look dry with decent temps...
Stay Safe...candy shop packing boxes is in order per the boss...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

deemery

Hopefully Tom got my package yesterday and the Judge shows up today, so he can inspect the Judge's Chambers building :-) 

I'm still working on the project for my geology class, it's due Tuesday, so that puts an "upper bound" on completing the work.  Another collaboration session this afternoon with my partner (who is a for-credit student, so she gets a grade on this, meaning I have to pull my weight!) 

I planted some hellebores and lavender yesterday and watered them again today.  Hope they survive!

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ReadingBob

Morning all,

I can't wait until I can say I have a hard time remembering which day of the week it is.  Rest assured, I know today is Saturday.   ;)   Maybe / probably / hopefully a little workbench time this afternoon.   ;D

Have a great one! 

Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

S&S RR

Good morning! I've been spending some time on the design of my new town on the layout but haven't been in the train room for a few days. I'm getting in some quality family time - I spent a few hours holding my new Grandson, yesterday. We had a nice talk about model railroading and how he has a mountain named after him on the layout. I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Dave,

Yes, I got the model and will post something to the A&S thread later this afternoon. I also sent you a PM ref. the Judge's Quarters.

Thank you again for you kind thoughtfulness.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Oldguy

As I was coming home for running errands, I followed a FedEx truck that was obviously lost.  He was counting down the mail box numbers and stopped at mine.  I pulled down my drive a bit and waited.  Sure enough it were fer me!

One of the few times I found something on that auction site that wasn't being price gouged.  Paid exactly $5 more than what it originally sold for.  Box dated 10/03.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

S&S RR

Quote from: Oldguy on May 08, 2021, 09:46:33 PM
As I was coming home for running errands, I followed a FedEx truck that was obviously lost.  He was counting down the mail box numbers and stopped at mine.  I pulled down my drive a bit and waited.  Sure enough it were fer me!

One of the few times I found something on that auction site that wasn't being price gouged.  Paid exactly $5 more than what it originally sold for.  Box dated 10/03.

Great find and price - enjoy the build.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad