The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 4

Started by ACL1504, May 31, 2021, 01:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: bparrish on July 29, 2021, 12:26:17 PM
Tom...

This is a really fun kit.  I built this a number of years ago when Jimmy first took over the Ed kits.
'I turned it into a restaurant as I needed one in Boise.  I used a Greek family name that actually existed in Chicago in the early  1900's.  Sotus Restaurant.

Bruce O put us all up to do a kit and present it a mini gathering.  This is what I entered.  No ribbons... no awards....  Just fun.

see ya
Bob

Bob,

Thanks for sharing the photo. You did an excellent job on the kit and it looks fantastic. I didn't light the second floor and haven't decided if I'll light the Rexall sign. My Rexall sign was painted for Rexall and came from the SS Ltd. drug store kit.

Again, very nicely done.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

When Bill and Kris Cutler made their Pennsy layout a fallen flag, they gifted me some, ok, a lot of Woodland Scenics plug and light stuff.

I added some old wood looking street light posts to the back road south of tahope.

There are six of these posts spaced along the East Road.

More in a few.
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Woodland Scenics has had this system of lighting out for several years now and I've been wanting to try it. I think Mark Dalrymple has mentioned he was experimenting with this lighting system as well.

I'm sold on them now that I've had a chance to use them. You can hook three lights to one of the four light ports on the light hub.

The Light Hub allows you to control the brightness of the LEDs by using the dimmer controls.

These poles come in either warm or bright white LEDs. The ones shown below are warm lights/LEDs.

More in a few.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

This next photo shows the lights in full brightness.

This next photo show the lights at half brightness.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I also added street lights to both sides of Main Street in downtown Tahope. There are six on each side evenly spaced along the sidewalk.

The next photo shows the street lights in full brightness.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I divided the lamp post into four groups of three.

The next photo shows one in full brightness and one off.

The next photo shows the bottom post at 1/3 brightness. Top one is full brightness.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Well, you get the idea. These are really easy to wire and the best feature for me is the ability to control the brightness of the LEDs with the dimmer controls.

I hope no small plane thinks this is a runway!  8)

This system also has a sequencing hub for the lights. I'll have to try that one also.

Done for tonight.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

bparrish

Tom. 

If you print the Rexall on white paper you can put the bulbs behind that and then build small boxes of most anything to stop the light from flooding the rest of your interior. 

Great stuff. 

Thanx
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

GPdemayo

Looks great.....I know I could get a STOL in there, but will probably wait till the liquor store opens so a stop for beer will make it worthwhile.  ;D ;D ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Keep It Rusty

I have some of those light hubs, too. Whilst I'm yet to produce anything with them, experimenting with them was great! Shame the power supply is monopolized though.

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

you never cease to amaze me. Everything looks just beautiful

Karl

jrmueller

Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

ACL1504

Quote from: bparrish on July 29, 2021, 07:52:51 PM
Tom. 

If you print the Rexall on white paper you can put the bulbs behind that and then build small boxes of most anything to stop the light from flooding the rest of your interior. 

Great stuff. 

Thanx
Bob

Bob,

Thank you for the suggestion. In fact, that is what I did with the Erie Cafe marque. For this drug store, I painted the sign in Rexall colors and will mount it above the front door.

Thanks for the compliment as well.

Tom  ;D

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on July 30, 2021, 08:15:20 AM
Looks great.....I know I could get a STOL in there, but will probably wait till the liquor store opens so a stop for beer will make it worthwhile.  ;D ;D ;D

Greg,

You best use a copter as any STOL will take out my street light poles. Just saying.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com