Thursday June 17th, 2021

Started by Jim Donovan, June 17, 2021, 06:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Donovan

Thought I would surprise everyone and open the day.  Not a lot to share. Wife visits the doctor for 'normal' stuff, a maintenance guy is coming to update our attic ladder with an electric version and I will be working on lighting up current project. All in all a great day. Hope the same is for you. Now for coffee and checking up on everyone else's postings. Here is a scene from a friend's layout to start the day:

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

ACL1504

Morning Jim and others,

Nothing new here. I'll be working on the layout most of the day.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

HZ layout -

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Grandkids will be here later, let the fun begin.

Jeff

Bernd

Morning all and in-coming.

1:1 projects today. Escaped having to go on jury duty. Probably because I'm to old. They finally got the fiber optic cable buried yesterday after some animal chewed through it causing me to loose the internet connection for a day.

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

S&S RR

Good morning.  I'm back working on the railroad after a long weekend in Savannah, GA, for my nephews wedding.  I took some photographs of the cobblestone and brick streets in the historic district for reference. Here is one of the brick road. I will post some more in my build thread if you are interested.  I hope everyone has a great day.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Jerry

Morning everyone

Another graduation up North Jersey today.

Looks to be a nice day though sunny/75.

Everyone have a great day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

MartyO

Morning,

I have decided to start sort my 90,000+ photos. I guess I should have started that a few decades ago.
Marty

deemery

I found a nasty gap in one rail after caulking my track into place, .075".  I clamped a piece of rail into a FastTracks Point Tool, cut off a sliver with the old Atlas Snap Saw.  Then I put that sliver back into the Point Tool and dressed each end.  Holding the sliver in place with tweezers, I slid the rail joiner carefully under the sliver and the other rail.  Success!  I'll solder the rail joiner, dress the top with a file, and if necessary add some solder fillet.

And later, soldered, cleaned and repainted...   The yard is now wired up (except for no switch machines.)

Today I learned that a short piece of gap-filling rail is called a "Dutchman".  Wonder how that relates to any other Dutchmen we might know...   :)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to