Lamont Camera (FOS Scale) [Diorama]

Started by Keep It Rusty, June 30, 2021, 09:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keep It Rusty

I've been very busy with work lately, but here is a commission build of Doug's awesome kit "Lamont Camera"

When I was approached to make this kit, I knew it would be a great opportunity to play with slopes and gradients. The rear wall of this kit provides an awesome opportunity to do something like this and I couldn't resist.

The build was per instructions, changing a few things (like shingles instead of rolled roofing) and adding a few things (like the roof repair, which was created with spare strip wood and chipboard).

I also added a small garage, the stud work was laser cut (yes, I now own a laser — more soon!) and finished board-by-board. It was super fun to put together. The abandoned car inside was 3D-printed and heavily weathered to match using AK Interactive enamel washes.

The idea behind the build is a new owner has recently purchased the derelict business and has begun the restoration work.

Without further ado:

As always, more images here: https://keepitrusty.com/?p=1755

EricQuebec

Very beautiful small dio.
nicely done
Eric

Keep It Rusty

ReadingBob

Most excellent!  Two thumbs up Craig.  I'd give it more but only got two of them.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Nothing else to say but Wowser!

Oh, love the roof repair, I'll definitely need to try that one.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Keep It Rusty

Bob, Tom... thank you very much!
The size of that arrow says everything ;)

Zephyrus52246

Beautiful.  I too love the roof repair detail.

Jeff

NKP768

Raymo

WOW! That's a beautiful building in al it's griminess.. Love the placement against sloped street. Is the sidewalk Bar Mills?

cuse

Just great...something to discover & study in every square inch!

John

Keep It Rusty

Jeff, Doug, Dan, John — thank you for your kind words! So glad you like it.
Loved playing with slopes here, and I had planned to do a double slope at one point.
Dan, you got it in one — Bar Mills sidewalks.

Jerry

Another wonderful project complete.  Beautiful work!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Keep It Rusty

Thank you, Jerry! Looking forward to starting the next one (hopefully soon!)

John B

All I can say is WOW. Great looking build. Every angle tells a story.  Simply beautiful.

Oldguy

Fantastic, regardless of the viewing angle.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond