Thursday - July 1, 2021

Started by ReadingBob, July 01, 2021, 07:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Today is the anniversary of the first day of the Battle of Gettysburg (1863).  It's about time for me to break out the movie and watch it again.  Next year, when we're up in PA visiting my brother, we'll probably run down to Gettysburg for a day.  Haven't been there for a few years now.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Morning Bob and others,

Nothing but layout stuff planned for today.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Another work day here.  Someday, I'll get to Gettysburg.  But not today.

Jeff

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

Lots on the agenda today. Even more for the holiday weekend (what holiday?)

BandOGuy

Heavy rain last night broke the back of our heat wave. Finally.
Not much planned for the day, but it will get filled somehow.
Stay cool and healthy all.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

MartyO

Morning,

The lawn is so green and lush after the rains.  I still cannot believe it reached 49C in British Columbia yesterday while it is a cool 17C here today.
Marty

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Raymo

Morning. Off to camp after the doctors appointment today. Hopefully the fireworks shortage will effect the peace in the neighborhood this weekend. Another new edition to the F&SM

cuse

Ughhh. Dental procedure today (nothing big)...haven't been in train mode as I've been trying hard to keep it locked down at work. My partners and I have made some big decisions that now make it more of a sprint than a marathon. Lots of train time ahead- Eyes on the prize!!

Hoping to spend some quality layout time this weekend. My buddy Dave gifted me a beautiful railcar that won't clear my N gauge tunnel portal (layout is HOn30), so some cutting and shaving and patching is in order.

Have a great day and a Happy Independence Day!

John

Jerry

Morning everyone

Well were in a cool down in Jersey only 89 today with storms coming in!

If it stays cool I might be able to get some time in on my mill!

Everyone have a great day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

deemery

The absolute best money you can spend in history is to hire a Licensed Battlefield Guide at Gettysburg.  I've done this 6 or 7 times, and learned a lot each time.  Make reservations ahead of time during the summer!

Muggy in SE NH, after a couple of really hot days.  Weather breaks today, much cooler tomorrow. 

Yesterday I painted some valences and will install light fixtures over the visible staging yard maybe this weekend.

Even without the impact on the dogs, I really dislike 'backyard fireworks'!  The dogs are terrified.  Last year I had to remind a neighbor they're illegal in our town. 

Hey Jan:  What do you think the chances are of Netherlands vs Belgium for the Euro final?

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
Another heat wave with no rain.
Miss the cooler weather that is normally part of the Minnesota this time of year.
Guess the only good thing the heat did is woke up an old plum tree that loaded with fruit this year.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Rail and Tie

Happy Canada day to all the Canadian modelers out there!

Happy Thursday to the rest!

More hot here today. Our hearts go out to the town of Lyton BC, where they have not only been suffering from temperatures hotter than the hottest days in Las Vegas, but then a flash forest fire starts up yesterday and burnt down 90 percent of the town in hours.

The only blessing for us is that the smoke cover, is lowering the temperatures today. What a week!
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

deemery

I forgot, Happy Day, all you Canadians!!

(I've been to Lytton BC during one of our 'drives into the interior' when we lived in BC.)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

S&S RR

Good evening from the Northern Hqtrs. of the S&S RR.  It is looking very strange up in this part of the country. We have gypsy moths taking over the place - all of the green leaves are gone - they ate them - it looks like the middle of winter in the woods around my cabin.
I don't know how permanent the distortion will be - the trees are very stressed so I don't know how many will come back from this. Another once every hundred year thing happening, now. I have very limited internet so pictures will be on hold for a few days.  I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend.  Loving those new F&SM pictures, Dan.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad