Fourth of July! 2021

Started by Zephyrus52246, July 04, 2021, 07:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all

Happy Fourth to all!  I'm off to work my seventh day of the last nine.  At least it's only 'til noon.

Jeff

Raymo

Morning. Happy Independence Day to us disgruntled colonists. Day 3 of rain here in New England, not complaining because I've had plenty of bench time. Yesterday morning 11 men were arrested about 20 miles from the house with a large amount of military style weapons and ammo. Their big slip up that got them caught, They forgot to put gas in the van! Can't make this stuff up...

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Jerry

Morning everyone

An A HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!

If the weather is in our favor we will head to the beach later.  It has rained the last 3 days here in South Jersey!!

Everyone have a great day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

ACL1504

Morning all,

Happy July 4th to all.

Yesterday afternoon I drove Pam to Mt. Dora to look in one of her favorite antique shops. We were on the SR 408 (Expressway). The speed limit is 65mph in this stretch and it was raining. I was going 55 due to the rain and the guy in front of me was only going about 40. I decided to pass him and give the guy my evil stink eye.

When I  passed, he was eating. He had a small box of food he was holding and using his right hand to hold the box and steer the vehicle. In his left had were chop sticks. Yep, he was driving in the rain and eating food with chop sticks. Like Raymo said, "You can't make this s**t up"

Pam said, "Where's a cop when you need one." I said, "Right here but I can't stop him"!

I'm working on the my control system. Yesterday I wouldn't work properly.

Have a safe day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Good morning and Happy Fourth of July. I'm planning on spending a good part of my forth at the workbench. ;D  I hope everyone has a great holiday.  Here is another picture of the F&SM for inspiration.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Had a nice visit at the A&S yesterday.  It was great to see the Judge again.  It's been over a year.   :o  I hope to make those visits a bit more often in the coming months.  ;)

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

tom.boyd.125

Happy July 4th to everyone...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

My latest travels through MN took me past this barn and I couldn't resist a photo for the weathering reference folder!

Happy holidays!

BandOGuy

Call me angry, but,
Here in the very place where it all started, I just checked and there's not one SINGLE cable channel doing the July 4th continuous feed of the movie 1776. First year I can remember when this sacrilege has taken place. In fact, couldn't find a single time slot where its being shown today.
Grrrrrrrrr.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

Rollin

Happy Fourth, everyone.  Yeah, I'm late to the party.
BandOguy,  I sympathize with you. 1776 is one of our all time favorites. Many years ago, my wife saw a touring production of the original stage musical that included William Daniels in the leading role. Myself, I've done the show locally twice. She made my costume for the show, and then made a smaller version for our son, who was 6 or 7 at the time. The next time our local group did the show, he was in the cast as well.

If you like, here's a short clip

https://youtu.be/Ore5jYX3PsE

Blazeman

Chip:  TCM.  Started 11:15 PM July 4.