Friday 09JUL2021

Started by MAP, July 09, 2021, 06:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAP

Good morning!  Storm Elsa is arriving now in CT with more rain & wind.  Generator is standing by just in case.  I'll be hanging inside doing a bit of modeling.  But first, coffee. 
Mark

Raymo

Morning. Waiting for Elsa to move through here. We'll decide at the end of the workday if I'll head north today or tomorrow.

cuse

Good luck with the storm guys...what a weird world it is that hurricanes are just flirting with Florida and causing trouble in Maine :o

We are dropping the dogs at boarding school in an hour and then packing up the RV for a 5 day getaway. Yesterday, my partners and I got the ball rolling on our exit strategy, so if all proceeds as we hope, let's just say I expect to be a more frequent contributor here next year  ;D

Happy Friday (for those who still celebrate it)...John

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Good luck with the exit strategy, John.  I'm off to make the donuts...

Jeff

ACL1504

Morning all,

John, soon you will experience the "Everyday is Saturday except Sunday" life. Hope all goes well.

Elsa! It has now been 16 days with some rain, some days a heavy downpour and others just light rain, but still rain.

Have a dry day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

FEC south bound from Jacksonville.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Enjoy your vacation John!  It sounds like you're going to beat me to the "Every day is Saturday club".   :D  I did, as politely as possible, inform my boss yesterday that I put very little credence in performance evaluations these days.  At this stage of my career I'm not concerned with 'growing' my career by learning new technologies.  Everything I want to learn can be found here on this forum.   ;D

I liked the way these two sisters looked relatively clean except for the spot the wheels threw dirt up on the ends of the tanks.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

BandOGuy

Bob's evaluation comment reminds me of a response I gave to my CO in the Gulf of Tonkin. I had decided to end my Navy "career" after "The Pond". He wrote a rather critical evaluation and after reviewing it with me, asked what I thought of it. "Captain, the only way you can hurt me with that Fitness Report is to roll it up and stick it in my eye". He later became Commander in Chief - Pacific: I enjoyed civilian life.
Hobby on, guys.

Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

MartyO

Morning,

Another day of scanning, it's bringing back real memories vs. the ones I thought I had... reality sucks!
Marty

Rollin

Good morning, gentlemen.

Don't forget to leave some time to watch the trains go by.

Janbouli

Good afternoon , back from a week of Austria , with lots of sightseeing and F1 Grand Prix visit.

One of the stations along the Nordketten Bahn that takes you to the top of Innsbruck
I love photo's, don't we all.

S&S RR

Good morning!  I was here earlier but forgot to punch in. I'm working on the railroad. We are making room for the next expansion - negotiations with the CFO of the S&S RR went well, yesterday. ;)  Work that needs to be done before the new carpet is laid. Okay coffee break is over - I need to get this done before she changes her mind.  I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

NEMMRRC

Howdy,

Fridays are a wonderful thing.

I've been told my bribe to have one of my photos published on the Gazette proved somewhat successful  ;D
I have yet to receive that issue in the mail....

Anyway, have a great weekend. I snuck away from my desk at work for a few to drop in an say "hi".

Later.

Jaime

Jerry

Morning everyone

Elsa who??  last night all they keep saying was Ocean Co. was getting 3.9 inches of rain.  As it turned out we got -.09!

Yes Jaime it is true your picture is included with Mike's article on Brian Nolan!  And a wonderful article it is.

Everyone have a great day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
Did not check in for several days but have been busy.
We decided to take our twins to see the White Sox play the Minnesota Twins on Wednesday...our first trip to Target Field.
It was a good overcast day near 70 and Sandy was well to give it a try so we took our time.
Stub Hub found second row seats behind the dugout at half off...that made it a great last minute decision.
Sox won 6-1. From our team to yours...Stay Safe !
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com