Sunday, Jul 11

Started by vinceg, July 11, 2021, 07:00:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinceg

Good morning, all. It's the end of my week off....sigh.

Plan for the day is to try to finish a diorama while also making more progress on my backdrop -- fixing seams where previous tape came loose. Should keep me busy.

Regards,
Vince
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

ACL1504

Morning Vince and others,

I'll be spending most of my day with a friend whom is in the hospital with congestive heart failure. He has quite a bit of fluid on his lungs and the docs are working on that. Bob is a retired Captain from New Orleans PD and his wife has dementia. Pam and I have been very busy for the past 36 hours.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  8)
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

MartyO

Morning.

Another day for prayer.
Marty

Jerry

Morning everyone

Everyone have a wonderful day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Zephyrus52246

S&S RR

Good morning! Modeling day for me today.  ;D ;D ;D  It is raining here again, or still. This has been one of the wettest summers I can remember. I'm having trouble with the tractor sinking into the lawn when I mow - the ground is so water logged. We are thankful that this is happening in the summer rather than the winter in the form of snow. :o  I know there are some of you out there dealing with a drought - another supply chain problem. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day. Here is another view of the F&SM.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Spent a good bit of yesterday cleaning/repairing the gutters (no, I didn't fall off the ladder this time  ::) ) and pressure washing the driveway and sidewalk to appease the HOA.  That kicked my derriere so today I'm declaring a me day.  I'll spend some time at the workbench otherwise I'll just sit back and relax.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

S&S RR

Has anyone got an update on The Railroad Line Forum?   I hope I don't get kicked off "the forum" for mentioning that name. :o
John Siekirk

jrmueller

Good morning. Spend yesterday at the first post-pandemic meeting of the James River Division of the NMRA.  A great time was had by all. I was able to sell a significant amount of my unused rolling stock. Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

jbvb

Good morning, barely, from the NH seacoast.  The tropical storm left all the bogs, swamps and little streams full, but they're going down slowly.  Only a couple of little showers yesterday, chance of more today, then more rain tonight and tomorrow.  Better than a drought for most farming, but it has pretty much put an end to the first cut of hay.  We went up to Seashore for a modest Moxie Day yesterday, but today is home time.

Last I heard about RR-Line, Joe had hardware on the way and was waiting for the new forum software's vendors to move the data over.
James

deemery

Well, the good news is the Tour de France itinerary has lapped us.  It was here yesterday, but the decorations are still hanging.   Wife is getting increasingly less mobile, not sure we can continue to travel like we have done in the past.   :(

Lots of stone buildings to study for coloring...

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
Just more hot weather with no rain on tap again...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

GPdemayo

Quote from: S&S RR on July 11, 2021, 10:13:35 AM
Has anyone got an update on The Railroad Line Forum?   I hope I don't get kicked off "the forum" for mentioning that name. :o

No chance of the kicked off.....but, 1 week without donuts penalty.  ;D ;D ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

S&S RR

Quote from: GPdemayo on July 11, 2021, 01:39:23 PM
Quote from: S&S RR on July 11, 2021, 10:13:35 AM

No chance of the kicked off.....but, 1 week without donuts penalty.  ;D ;D ;D

Have you been talking to my doctor?
John Siekirk