Wednesday, Jul 21, 2021

Started by deemery, July 21, 2021, 08:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deemery

That date has a bit of a ring to it, doesn't it? 

Anyway, we're up and ready for our home repair guys to come for a couple small projects, most importantly fixing a leak in the roof. 

Yesterday I drilled the grabiron holes on my MDC old-timer rework.  Today, after the dogs' vet appointment, I'll probably glue the grabs into place and start on the metal undercarriage.  Hopefully I'll get far enough to paint the car, too.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ReadingBob

Morning all,

First day of PI planning meetings and, to top it off, the A/C crapped out.  It's going to be a fun day.  A hot, humid, boring day.  :(  :'(

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Ditto to Greg's pontification above.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

Work today but got the 3D printer whirring away on a new project first ;)

Have a great one!

S&S RR

Good morning! It's my Granddaughters 3rd birthday, today. So we are having an all day Birthday party. I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Jerry

Afternoon

Waiting for the storms the "Weather Weenies" are predicting!!

Everyone have a great day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

NKP768

3 days in a row no rain and mild temps.....that's more like it. Always loved the MDC old timer series Dave but those metal underframes and "upside down" coupler boxes can certainly expand your vocabulary. Hope everyone has a great day.

Doug

tom.boyd.125

Overcast and smokey out again...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

MartyO

good afternoon,

I've done my good deed today. I cut 1" of his kitchen counter so a "standard" 30" stove could fit into a 30" hole. But if you count the baseboard on one side it is 29" hole. Don't you love basement renovators!
Marty

ReadingBob

Quote from: MartyO on July 21, 2021, 01:57:42 PM
good afternoon,

I've done my good deed today. I cut 1" of his kitchen counter so a "standard" 30" stove could fit into a 30" hole. But if you count the baseboard on one side it is 29" hole. Don't you love basement renovators!

That reminds me of the time we bought a new stove from Home Depot who said they'd install it.  The guys who delivered it pulled out the old one, took a look at the blower mounted to the floor to vent things outside (the new one didn't have this) and said no, they couldn't install the new one because that was I the way.  I grabbed a screw driver and removed the blower and vent pipe.  Then when they tried to slide the new one into place the opening was too narrow.  They said no, they couldn't install it.  I grabbed my 20+ year old Craftsman sabre saw and trimmed about 1/2" off both sides of the opening.  Then it fit.  Then they asked me to give them a good rating if I got called for a customer satisfaction survey.   ???
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on July 21, 2021, 02:45:16 PM
Quote from: MartyO on July 21, 2021, 01:57:42 PM
good afternoon,

That reminds me of the time we bought a new stove from Home Depot who said they'd install it.  The guys who delivered it pulled out the old one, took a look at the blower mounted to the floor to vent things outside (the new one didn't have this) and said no, they couldn't install the new one because that was I the way.  I grabbed a screw driver and removed the blower and vent pipe.  Then when they tried to slide the new one into place the opening was too narrow.  They said no, they couldn't install it.  I grabbed my 20+ year old Craftsman sabre saw and trimmed about 1/2" off both sides of the opening.  Then it fit.  Then they asked me to give them a good rating if I got called for a customer satisfaction survey.   ???

Asking for a good survey after that is really just damn stupid. But then again, I'm the sensitive type. OH, is my nose getting longer?

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

deemery

Those surveys are an ISO 9000 requirement.  You don't think anyone actually -reads- that stuff, do you?  All they care about are aggregate scores. 

There are lots of great Dilbert strips on ISO 9000:  https://dilbert.com/search_results?terms=iso+9000

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to