Friday - August 27, 2021

Started by ReadingBob, August 27, 2021, 07:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Morning all,

It may not seem like much yesterday I used my lunch hour to pull out a 4'x8' sheet of Homosote and cut it into 2'x4' chunks.  I'm going to use one for a 2'x4' module that will include Red Hook Wharf when I finally get around to building it.  Now I have something to play around with to visualize how things might fit.  ???

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Morning Bob and others,

I did get the grass edged and cut yesterday  prior to the rain, just barely.

A few errands this morning and layout work later this afternoon.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

MAP

Mark

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Going out to Dad's again today and need to go to the local VA clinic for a blood draw. I've been having frequent leg cramps at night for several weeks. He modified my meds with no change so maybe it's something metabolic. Fingers crossed.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Bob got more accomplished yesterday than I did, but I hope to do better today.  Managed to mow the lawn for the first time in three weeks, amazing how two days of rain could make it green up and grow so quickly.

Jeff

MartyO

Morning,

I am a lumberjack today cutting down an overgrown Smoke bush.
Marty

jrmueller

Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

Raymo

Morning. Had a visiting PT nurse come to the house yesterday. After small talk and taking of vitals, she had me show her how I manage stairs, getting in and out of bed, in and out of shower and toilet and my daily walk routine, etc. After we were done she told me that she was going to recommend to the Dr. that I start outpatient PT because I was already doing anything they would have taught me to do, and I was doing it right. Progress..😁

S&S RR

Good morning! I'm working on replacing my light fixtures in the basement again, today.  It is not a fun job so I'm pushing to get it done.  I hope everyone has a great day.

From the F&SM:

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: Raymo on August 27, 2021, 09:18:21 AM
Morning. Had a visiting PT nurse come to the house yesterday. After small talk and taking of vitals, she had me show her how I manage stairs, getting in and out of bed, in and out of shower and toilet and my daily walk routine, etc. After we were done she told me that she was going to recommend to the Dr. that I start outpatient PT because I was already doing anything they would have taught me to do, and I was doing it right. Progress..😁

Great news!
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

PaulS

Quote from: Raymo on August 27, 2021, 09:18:21 AM

Fantastic news Dan, keep up the positive progress but don't overdo it !!

Bob, sounds like you made some very good progress yesterday, and sure looking to see what you do with Red Hook when the time comes.

John, swapping out the lights is indeed a chore (more work than fun for sure), but it should make a wonderful difference in the lighting for your beautiful layout.

Between work and family have not been able to find time for the modeling desk or layout in some time.   Hope all have a positive and productive day.
All the best,
--Paul
Modeling the Atlantic & White Mtn Railway

cuse

Dan, glad to hear of your progress.

Bob, that is certainly intriguing news. My suggestion is to make sure there is at least a little "expandability" in your design and construction methods. Great layouts on this forum and everywhere grow from modules...even if there is no foreseeable opportunity- it can't hurt to keep a few doors open for who knows when or where.

Have a good weekend...John

Zephyrus52246

Good news, Dan!  Keep up the good work, but don't push it to far.   :)

Jeff