Friday 05NOV2021

Started by MAP, November 05, 2021, 05:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAP

Good morning!  TGIF!  Another chilly start to the morning here.  A bit more yardwork today, which includes the last (I hope) mowing of the lawn and clearing leaves off the lawn.  Then a trip to the auto service place for a pre-winter check up.  I did clear my workbench to get ready for a build.
Mark

S&S RR

Good morning Mark and those that follow. It's cool here but we still have a lot of leaves on the trees. I will be mulching for at least a couple weeks. I have a lot of chores on the agenda for today. Most of them related to getting ready for winter. I hope everyone has a great day. From the F&SM:

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Morning all,

Cool and rainy here today. No outside activities for me. Modeling for sure here.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

C. Powers layout -

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Arm hurts from Shingles shot, otherwise no damage from yesterday's doctor visit.   :)  Leaves are pretty much still on the trees here, it seems a bit late this year. 

Jeff

MartyO

Morning,

I splurged yesterday and bought a 7 1/4" dual bevel battery mitre saw. This will be used to replace the horrible 1970's baseboards that some brilliant person use 3" casings as baseboards. This will be a multiple month project where I will remove the old baseboards, fix the plaster and install the new baseboards and quarter round, then paint everything thing.

Boy my knees are going to hurt!
Marty

Opa George

Yes, TGIF to all,

Taking a quick mental break at work after a chaotic morning. Just checked the retirement countdown clock:  101 days!   This is better than anticipating a vacation.

Take care all,
--Opa George
George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

jerryrbeach

Good morning (yawn).

Overslept this morning and it is all my friend Jim's (whiskeyriver's) fault.  He loaned me the new Michael Connelly book and I did not want to put it down and go to bed last night. 

Another frosty and foggy morning to start the day.  Outside work on the agenda once the fog lifts.

Pic from a visit to Dick Elwell's layout several years ago.
Jerry

vinceg

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on November 05, 2021, 08:03:36 AM
Morning, all.

Arm hurts from Shingles shot, otherwise no damage from yesterday's doctor visit.   :)  Leaves are pretty much still on the trees here, it seems a bit late this year. 

Jeff

Oh yeah, I remember that. The Shingrix vaccine was definitely my strongest reaction to a shot. Second one not quite as bad. One-armed modeling today, eh?

Morning everyone. I finished my styrene mold for my rough-cut stone courses last night. Today I'll pour some plaster and see how it goes. Also, back to the airbrushing the backdrop.

Haven't run the trains in a long time. I need to do a track cleaning and fire them up again to take advantage of the rest of the hobby.

later,
V
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

Raymo

Morning all. Another day, another appointment. Made out pretty good on de-cluttering the closet and getting stuff put back. I even found a small container of vehicles and details I was looking for earlier this year. :D

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

The boss paroled me from the book fair today since I was there 12 hours yesterday. The fair finishes Monday afternoon with the pack out. Some chores today then I will probably continue ballasting track in front of the cabin creek mine.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

jrmueller

Good morning. Frost on the pumpkin and fog on the lake.  Will be in the upper 60s next week in the Piedmont of Central Virginia. Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

deemery

Wed night we had some Aurora sightings in central and even southern NH.  I didn't get to see it (forgot to go look.)  And that came with our first full frost.  Last night also had frost, so I guess we're well into autumn.  October was unseasonably warm. 

No progress on the modeling front.  My new laptop is on the UPS truck, so once that comes I'll spend the time to move stuff from the old machine to the new machine.  First new laptop in 7 years...

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Finally got in.  Corporate firewalls, etc. sometimes keep me restricted to just boring work stuff.  :(

I did manage to get in a workbench session at lunch yesterday and finished up the lighting of the little build I have going on.  Next up is to finish off the roof, add some signs/billboards and put it on the shelf.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Jim Donovan

Hi Everyone;

It has been a few days since I last popped in. We have had guests with us this week. I have been able to do some 3D printing for current project but frankly I keep getting less then desired results. Lots of wasted resin but we will figure it out.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad