Building a hardware store

Started by nycjeff, November 29, 2023, 12:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nycjeff

Quote from: GPdemayo on December 04, 2023, 08:47:42 AMWell done Jeff.....the scene looks great.  8)

Hello Greg, thank you

Quote from: jerryrbeach on December 04, 2023, 11:40:09 AMJeff,

That structure has a lot going for it with all the additions, fitting so well into an odd shaped lot, etc.  I like the way the stairs, the covered access to the stairs and the fence all add interest to the rear of the structure.  I also like how the back of both this structure as well as the garage are adjacent to the tracks.  Any time I ride a train I notice how many structures have the rear toward the tracks, and how seldom I see it modeled.  Kudos to you for developing a very realistic scene. 

Hello Jerry, thank you for the kind words. I drew my inspiration for this scratch-build from the Sierra West Shipyard building, so I have them to thank for designing such an interesting looking building.
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

Daniel Banks

Great build!! A lot of very fun character.

Jerry

Jeff sorry I missed this one.

Very nice scratch build.  Coloring and detail are great!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

nycjeff

Hello Daniel and Jerry, thank you very much for the kind words regarding my hardware store scratch build. I had a lot of fun building it.
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona

Zephyrus52246

Very nice looking structure.  Nice addition to your layout. 

Jeff

ACL1504

Jeff,

Well done, great scratch build.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

nycjeff

Hello Jeff and Tom, thanks for looking in to my hardware store scratch build. I'm very pleased with how it came out- using the Sierra West Shipyard building as my inspiration gave me a great basis for the build.
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona