Thursday - January 25, 2024

Started by ReadingBob, January 25, 2024, 08:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Good morning all,

It's my Friday.  Three-day weekend coming up.  Tomorrow morning I'll be running to the vampire for lab work.  After that maybe a little yard work but definitely some work bench time!  Today, however, starts out with a long, boring meeting.  Then meetings in the afternoon as well.  Why can't I get my projects done?   ::)

Have a great one!

Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

JimGF51

Good morning, one and all. Nice gray, though warm, day, good day to stay in at the bench.

Be safe, all.

Jim

Jerry

Morning everyone

A rainy/58 here in South Jersey.
One day of Spring!

Everyone have a great day!!  :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

Foggy morning here, but still above freezing.  I'm ready for another work day (not really), at least I have a four day weekend if I make it through today.

Jeff

MartyO

Morning,

Coffee and danish done,  now to figure out to get that metal splinter out of my thumb.
Marty

S&S RR

Good morning!  Our snow is melting here. I'm heading for the workbench then dinner with friends tonight.  I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

Started out with chores this morning then worked on the exterior public phone setup. After lunch was a haircut. Tomorrow first thing is dental.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

deemery

Well, I shopped around to find a train store that stocked the 24" long Evergreen strips.  Those are hard to find.  I got most of what I wanted from Hobbylinc.  Shipping isn't cheap, but I pretty much replenished my stock from their stock. 

Then I worked on the master for the Mansard roof dormers.  The casting kit is due today.  There's some close tolerances in the master, I needed to produce a small opening behind the window, and get the angle right so the front of the dormer is plumb and the back is flush against the subroof.   I think I have it mostly done, I just need to cut and add the styrene clapboard sides.  I tried wood clapboard, but that's too fragile in the small size of the dormer. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to