Friday - Groundhog Day (again) - February 2, 2024

Started by Slim Jerkins, February 02, 2024, 12:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim Jerkins

Happy Groundhog Day!

Not sure if Hallmark has a card for that but I wouldn't bet against it.

As we know, I haven't been in these here parts in a while so I figured I would stop in and open things up for once. We have some fresh baked biscotti that Lisa made. Better get some before Greg checks in.

The truck is loaded up for Timonium. Actually, the truck has remained loaded this past week since we just came from Springfield. If anyone is in the area, I hope you stop by and say hi! We have some free leftover fresh defective Mallo Cups that we picked up in Altoona on the way to Springfield last week. We have some other - model related stuff - for sale at the show but they don't taste as good. Although some may argue that point.

TGIF!

-slim

JimGF51

Morning all. Work sched has played havoc with bench time. Have a 3 day weekend now, so hopefully...

Be safe, all.

Jim

GPdemayo

Morning all.....welcome back Slim.

I'm not sure I can share the best biscotti's I've ever had if I ever got my hands on some again..... :-\
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Jim Donovan

Good Morning Everyone;

It is good to see more and more of the gang checking in. I need to get with Dan and see if we can get a modeling challenge going again. I am working on seeing if we can get a kit prize this year for the 'Grand Champion', nothing too crazy perhaps a gold bar, bitcoin or more likely a small, very small craftsman kit! Anyhow, anyone have any thoughts on subject, I know it has been mentioned before? My thoughts were perhaps a 5 x 6 max size diorama scene focusing on railroad theme, Thoughts?

Hope everyone has a great day.

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

Good to see Bill has returned.  Someday I hope to get to the Springfield show.  

It will get to 44 degrees here today, most of the snow has melted.

I started a Downtown Deco Kit Wednesday and hope to get back to it today, will probably start a build thread.  

Our usual build challenge was build anything but post a thread on it.  I'm so focused (for once) on finishing the town area on the layout I probably won't wander off that until it's done (the DD kit is part of that).  

Jeff

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Slept poorly last night. Today Dad has a mid day VA appointment so it pretty much kills the day. Continuing to work on the kit.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

deemery

Phil says "Spring is just around the corner."  (Accept no substitutes, beware of groundhog imposters.)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ReadingBob

Morning all,

"Phil? Hey, Phil? Phil! Phil Connors? Phil Connors, I thought that was you!"
"Hey, hey! Now, don't you tell me you don't remember me because I sure as heckfire remember you."

Day off today.  Another practice retirement day. :) I'll spend a few minutes at the computer and then hit the old workbench.  All eight Red Hook Wharf structures are fundamentally complete.  Now it's time to see if I can bring them all together.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

I've been working this week to finish up some boxcars I started too long ago to remember and progress has been much slower than I anticipated, glacial almost.  I've gotten as far as I can until some parts on order arrive, so I'm going to move on and see what I can do to replace some broken and missing parts on some flat cars I built many years ago.

I hope everyone has a great day. 
Jerry

MartyO

Good morning,

The sun is out and I am inside, how ironic. My daughter spent most of her time watching a 3 story house burn to the ground just 4 houses away from her. Panic ensued and tons of pictures and calming phone calls saved the day.

Having lunch with the wife after I finish playing around.
Marty

ACL1504

Afternoon all,

Been busy but can't remember why.  ;D

Ben working on the REA also, I do remember that.

Hope all are having a safe and healthy day.

Good to see slim back.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Good evening!  Good to see Slim opened things up this morning, welcome back my friend.  

I have been taking care of my three year old Grandson the past few days. I am tired. It's a good kind of tired per Harry Chaplin, but the pillow feels good in the evening. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad