Sunday, February 4, 2024

Started by Zephyrus52246, February 04, 2024, 07:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

Supposed to warm to near 50 today.  We'll see if that happens. 

Will work on the Tattoo parlor build some today, hopefully.  

Iowa women's BB won last night in a game they blew an eighteen point lead.  Pretty exciting second half.  

Jeff

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

deemery

Sunny but chilly in SE NH, it was 18 when I took the dogs out.  But they were happy to see the sun and to have no wind to contend with.  Later this morning I'll "unbox" the mold I did of the brickworks dormer.  Fingers crossed this comes out OK...

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ACL1504

Morning all,

I have a few 1:1 items to do this morning and then I'll continue working on my book.

Yesterday the Judge surprised and gifted me with two Burlington E9As. We ran them through the paces and then did a video of them backing into the Union Station on track #1. These are Walthers Proto models.

https://youtu.be/Kxj7M_jVGTw

Both run like Swiss watches and have TCS WOW sound and the deep bass speakers.

Have a safe and healthy day ya'll.

Tom

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Vietnam Seabee

Very nice, Tom......question, does any brand sound card work with any brand DCC controller?

ACL1504

Quote from: Vietnam Seabee on February 04, 2024, 09:00:16 AMVery nice, Tom......question, does any brand sound card work with any brand DCC controller?
Yes, you just have to pull up and enter the cab number.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Nice surprise there, Tom!  Those are mighty fine-looking locos.

Looks like we're going to get rain today, so I guess I'll spend time at the workbench.  I'm working on the actual wharf for Red Hook Wharf but hit a few snags.  Nothing that can't be fixed/worked around though.  The biggest challenge, so far, was a serious shortage of 10" x 2" strip wood.  I've exhausted my own stash and now I'm picking through the scraps box from prior builds.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Vietnam Seabee

Bob.... I Have plenty of 2x10 strip wood if you want to come by to pick it up....Lee Rd/Edgewater Drive area let me know....i'll be in an out today but can leave by the front door
Terry

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on February 04, 2024, 09:28:43 AMMorning all,

Nice surprise there, Tom!  Those are mighty fine-looking locos.

Looks like we're going to get rain today, so I guess I'll spend time at the workbench.  I'm working on the actual wharf for Red Hook Wharf but hit a few snags.  Nothing that can't be fixed/worked around though.  The biggest challenge, so far, was a serious shortage of 10" x 2" strip wood.  I've exhausted my own stash and now I'm picking through the scraps box from prior builds.

Have a great one!

Plenty of HO scale 2X10s in stock at the Langford Hobby Shop.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

jerryrbeach

Good morning. 

That's all I have today...  everyone have a great day!
Jerry

JimGF51

Morning all. Putting the Carrick's bakery on hold for a bit, need to get a better handle on era/location.

Be safe, all.

Jim

ReadingBob

I love this place!  Thanks for the strip wood offers, Terry and Tom.  I think I found just enough to continue on.  I could always raid another kit in my stash if need be.  

Tom - I do need to make it down your way to drop off the light board I made for your REA build.  8)

Gee, I'm starting to feel the urge to build a Fine Scale Miniatures kit.  I've never had issues with missing parts, shortages of strip wood, etc. with one of those plus they have the best instructions.  :)   
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Jim Donovan

Good Afternoon Everyone;

Had some headwinds trying to get moving this morning so I treated myself to a morning nap. Second time around I feel ready for the day. Looks like weather moving in at the moment, I guess we will have cooler weather for a few days. We had family coming in so I expect I'll be doing mostly non train stuff this week but hope to keep the 3D printer working to make the columns and such  needed for my current project. Great seeing everyone saying hi today, nice loco's Tom, think I will look at the video next. Have a great day.

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad

deemery

The mold worked, and I've started casting dormers.
IMG_9677.jpg
And the Tichy casting fits perfectly.  I need 14 of these.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

PRR Modeler

Good Afternoon All,

Slept in a bit this morning. After some chores I spent around 3 hours doing things on the build.

I hope everyone has a good night.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision