Saturday March 23, 2024

Started by jerryrbeach, March 23, 2024, 08:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

The door is unlocked and the coffee is fresh.  Not so nice outside in my little corner of upstate NY.  It snowed overnight, and has now changed over to rain. Roads are wet and slushy, so I'm planning to stay home and continue trying to rough in the scenery on my layout. 

I hope everyone has a safe, dry, and warm Saturday.

Jerry

Vietnam Seabee

Thanks for opening up snd brewing the coffee, Jerry.

Cool (66) and partly cloudy in Central Florida this morning.
1:1 house projects this morning Nd might start another FastTracks turnout this afternoon
Terry

deemery

About 2" of spring snow in SE NH, another couple inches expected before it changes to rain here.  Further north, the snow-to-rain transition will be delayed. 

Wife and I went to see Dune 2 yesterday, so that pre-empted work on the layout.  I should get downstairs today.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

MartyO

Morning,

My new coffee mug has arrived. The old ones seal turned it into a dribble cup.

Yup 8" of snow to shovel! Darn.
Marty

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Cool start today as Terry mentioned. Have a couple of chores then I'll head to the train room for awhile.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

Snow has melted on the streets and sidewalks, but the grass is still covered.  Didn't get much accomplished yesterday, trip to Target and Best Buy this morning and will watch the Hawkeye Women's BB game this afternoon. 

Jeff

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Think I'll head out to the garage later and break out the airbrush to prime some stuff for the new build.  If I can't find some color of Floquil to use as the primer, I'll punt and use a rattle can instead.  Then I'll work on bracing the walls.  Also, a trip to Hobby Lobby to pick up some craft paints.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Vietnam Seabee

Sitting in the front row center (I elbowed a little old lady out of the way to get this seat) with a Diet Coke and a tub of popcorn anxiously awaiting the start of Reading's new build.... Wonder what it is 🤔🤔🤔🤔
Terry

ACL1504

Afternoon all,

Been working in the yard up until 30 minutes ago. Couldn't do any more today. Pam and I are going out to get a salad at the regular Saturday watering hole.

Hope everyone is enjoying the day.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Jim Donovan

Afternoon everyone.

We are back from our trip to St Thomas. It was a great trip until we got to the airport, had to go through customs and when asked if we bought jewelry we said yes but it was made here in US and so was not a dutiable item. So much for being truthful. I then had three idiots wearing US Customs uniforms tell me in ever louder voices the US Virgin Islands, while part of US, are not part of the customs exception area. Apparently they are good at talking but light on hearing because I tried to explain the regulation pertaining to 'Customs Zone' did not apply, custom duty is for foreign products entering the US and does not apply to US products made in US, not altered outside of US and then simply brought back to US. Much like cruise ships do with jewelry and paintings.  When I asked in a more forceful voice if they would simply allow me to finish a sentence the supervisor of the three said DO NOT RAISE YOUR VOICE AGAIN SIR. Apparently only they can talk over you. Anyhow after paying the ransom money, called the Effy jewelry store which issued a credit to us and said they would deal with Customs we were on our way.  Why is it that if a citizen is wrong we are told 'Ignorance of the Law is not a defense' but if a government employee is ignorant no problem.

Anyhow, I managed to finish the Inter-Action '1905 Commercial Vehicle Co. 6 1/2 ton Moving Van' today.  I've worked on this little guy off and on for about a year. It is by far the most, not sure what the right word is, perhaps nerve racking, kit I have ever worked on. my version is not anywhere as nicely built as their model photo but it was the best I could do and from a couple feet away it looks fine. Thought I would show you at its new home.
Holland & Odessa Railroad