Wednesday May 8, 2024

Started by jerryrbeach, May 08, 2024, 07:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

I've been up for a couple hours already.  I was rudely woken up by a lightning strike that was too close for comfort. It was accompanied by a light show and rolling thunder with a heavy downpour.  Other than some washed out spots in my driveway it looks like everything is OK outside.

Planning to work on my lawn tractor today, last of the parts I ordered arrived yesterday.  After all the rain (and more in the forecast for the next ten days or so), I may need to use the brush hog on my lawn before I can get on it with the lawn tractor. 

I hope everyone has a great day!
Jerry

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Morning all,

Belated birthday wishes for The Judge on his 81st. birthday. I forgot to post it yesterday. 

Also, today would have been Jimmillho's 88th birthday. Hard to believe it been five years since his passing.

Have a great day everyone.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

BandOGuy

A unique experience at Tuesday Night Round Robin. We had a lady attend who is determined to learn how to operate and maintain an HO layout. Her husband recently died and she wants to pass his model train legacy on to her grandkids, rather than tearing the layout down and rid herself of it.
Bravo Zulu!
Wet here this AM but the lawn guys are mowing anyway. Not what I was taught growing up.
Go get 'em!
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Happy B-D to The Judge.  I miss his stories.

Supposed to get to 80 degrees today, I may mow later, if we don't have some more showers and the lawn is dry.  Like BandOGuy, I was taught not to mow when it's wet.  Plus the rider has an issue in some spots losing traction. 

Haircut later this morning, need to get gas for the mower and the wife's van later as well. 

Jeff

deemery

Happy Day-after to the Judge!   Rainy here in SE NH, and cooler than yesterday.  Yesterday was just about perfect, sunny, 75 for a high, 49 for a low.  

They're supposed to replace our propane tank today, I thought they'd be here by now.  Anyway, when that's done, I'll head back down to the train room, maybe start on the CMR row houses.  The old Magnuson chopped hotel wall is just about done, I added glazing this morning.  I considered adding some details to the windows, but that's a lot of fussy cut-and-fit (33 parts), so I chickened out.   So they will be single pane windows.
IMG_9880.jpg

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Keep It Rusty

Our vacation is soon coming to an end. We've had our fill of sunshine, so not too sad to return home (and fulfill numerous orders!)