Thursday - June 27, 2024

Started by ReadingBob, June 27, 2024, 09:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Wife got me up early to go for a walk.  Two miles is my limit (years of riding an office chair took its toll).  Now I'm stiff and sore.  Next up is a visit to the eye doctor.  This afternoon will likely be a wash, workbench wise, given he'll dilate my pupils.

Have a great one! 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Jerry

Morning everyone

Bob nice picture once again this morning.
I see your getting in shape in retirement it's very tiring!!  ;D

Weather in South Jersey sunny/72.  Later on 90.
Works continues on my stiff leg derrick.
Just finished painting the truss cables (fishing line).

Everyone have a great day!!  :)

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

I'm at work using our new "AI" addition which was a waste of money and time.  

I have a swollen lip and 3 stitches from my inner lip biopsy yesterday.  The ENT and I both think it's benign, but better to get a tissue diagnosis and get rid of the thing. 

I know what you're talking about with the walk, Bob.  Last year after my surgery I couldn't do anything for 3 weeks and it took awhile to build up my walking endurance afterward.

Jeff

tom.boyd.125

Morning, back to the field trip to the Soo Line Dresser Wisconsin Junction from last fall...an old freight house on a siding and several support structures south of the depot across from the coal tower area which was gone. Have a great day...the families in the photo were waiting for the free speeder rides on the open house weekend...
 Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Jerry

Quote from: tom.boyd.125 on June 27, 2024, 11:09:28 AMMorning, back to the field trip to the Soo Line Dresser Wisconsin Junction from last fall...an old freight house on a siding and several support structures south of the depot across from the coal tower area which was gone. Have a great day...the families in the photo were waiting for the free speeder rides on the open house weekend...
 Tommy
That's some fine weathering examples!!!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

deemery

Nice sheds, Tom!   

We spent an hour or so at the Colorado RR Museum today.  Wife was impressed by the HO layout, I enjoyed seeing how many building kits I could recognize.  We talked to some of the volunteers, in the library and in "Rico", that was realy nice.  And the guy at the ticket office was impressed with my 3 digit CRRM life member number :-)  Then we drove to Idaho Springs (up the Clear Creek Line....)  I was really happy to see how great Idaho Springs looked.  When I went there in the 90s and 00s, it was pretty much down in the dumps.  But the downtown area has been spruced up, they're going to make that street pedestrian only.  We had a very good meal at the cider pub, and walked around a bit.  Again, some pleasant discussions with people in the senior center (wife had to look at their thrift shop :-) )  Then a drive north back to Estes Park.  The high peaks around Estes Park had some cloud cover, and we got some sprinkles, but overall a nice pleasant drive.  We held our noses driving around Black Hawk.  They're doing a lot of work on the "Plains to Peaks" rail trail, I'm not sure if they're repairing flood damage or just installing new bridges.  

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to