Friday, July 5, 2024

Started by ACL1504, July 05, 2024, 08:24:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Morning all,

Early blood draw this morning. No breakfast until now. Order whatever you want and someone may bring it to you!  ;D

I'm taking Pam out to a late lunch/early dinner later.

Now, I'm just reviewing what I wrote yesterday.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Jerry

Morning everyone

Tom are giving or taking the blood?  ;D

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/83.  Later on 93.
Maybe some bench time today.

Everyone have a great day!!  :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Zephyrus52246

Morning Tom and those that follow,

Up late as I stayed up to watch the Boston Pops Fourth show and Boston Fireworks.  Fireworks ended early here as a storm blew through about 11 PM. 

A walk later and seeing if I can get the VR to work on the new computer are on today's agenda. 

Jeff

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

deemery

Hot and humid here (although those of you from Florida would probably call this 'cool'.)  Now starts my 6-8 weeks of "survival," I really hate hot & humid.  

The extra roll of double-stick tape is now due to arrive Sunday, but installing the backdrop will have to wait until Tuesday (I have an endoscopy on Monday under anesthesia - don't want to be groggy hanging the backdrop  :P )  So today I'll work on some other scenery in that area.  

dave

Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Yes, it's hot and humid here Dave.  I just stay indoors as much as possible.  Outside stuff has to wait.

Y'all reminded me to schedule my next appointment for blood work at the beginning of August.  Now I need to schedule an appointment with the Doc to go over the results.  Looks like my calendar is pretty wide open.  ;)

More detail part painting today.  Things are moving along slowly.  That's okay.  It's my preferred pace.  ;D

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
 Only getting up to 76 today and feels humid after all the rain. Have a great day !!!
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

MartyO

Quote from: ACL1504 on July 05, 2024, 08:24:56 AMMorning all,

Early blood draw this morning. No breakfast until now. Order whatever you want and someone may bring it to you!  ;D

My doctor(s) told me I had "iron Overload" a few years back. to cure was to give blood. So I did through our blood bank service, they tested everything including my blood type. I gave a couple pints over a few weeks and my Iron levels returned to normal.

A few months later, kept on getting calls for me to donate more blood. I eventually asked why the pressure and it appears I have a rare (for North America) type and it was short in supply. I talked to him and he said if I do, my Iron levels would drop too low. I decided not to give blood, plus I was allergic to the Orange juice they give after the drawing of the pint.

Now I love watching them drawn blood because the 1/8" needle they stick in your veins has made me wary. 
Marty