Sunday, July 14, 2024

Started by Zephyrus52246, July 14, 2024, 09:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

Thunderstorms rumbled through this morning, but it's not going to cool us off.  Hope to get the garage washed out today.

Jeff

Jerry

Morning everyone

Weather in South Jersey sunny/86.  Later 93.
Not sure what today will bring.
The beach is out to many tourists!  :-X

Maybe some work on my Derrick.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!  :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

ACL1504

Afternoon all,

Been busy this fine day with nothing special. Just puttering around in the train shed.

Have a great day everyone.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

deemery

I'm painting the slate sidewalks:
IMG_0025.jpeg
Yesterday I primed with a neutral grey spray paint.  I had problems with the nozzle so it didn't cover well and I got splatters that I wiped off.  But that's OK, the irregular coverage is an advantage.  Then I grabbed blue and several shades of gray and a 1/4 bristle brush on a yoghurt lid pallets.  I mixed some paint, painted a single square, went back and mixed a differet shade, painted the next square, etc.  I wanted to cover each square without bleeding into the adjacent squares, and I used a circular/scrubbing motion.  Then I went back and added some highlights/shading to down-play those squares that looked a bit too stark.  Once the paint is dry, I'll go back and paint the curbs a light grey color for granite, then let dry overnight.  Tomorrow I'll add A&I wash to bring out the cracks/joints, and then do some pigments for more texture.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to