Thursday September 26, 2024

Started by jerryrbeach, September 26, 2024, 09:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerryrbeach

Good morning.  

A home made bacon, egg and cheese on an English muffin, or a store bought blueberry muffin for a late breakfast.  Beverage of your choice, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and a diet Pepsi for you all know who.

Another wet rainy day here in upstate NY.  The plan is to work around some household chores and get some decals finished up on a trio of boxcars. 

I hope everyone has a great day!

Jerry

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Thanks, Jerry.  A homemade bacon, egg and cheese English muffin is just the ticket this morning.

Looks like we're in for some rain today.  The local stations are running coverage of the hurricane full time.  I need to find something else to watch.  I'm ready.  Gas for the generator - check.  Wine - check.  Corkscrew - Check.  I hope I don't need to fire up the generator.  The storm is going to pass by to the west, but we'll get hit with some of the outer bands.  Heads up to our friends to the North of us.  Looks like this one is going to be bad when it hits land.

Think I'll head for the workbench after I figure out what to watch.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

cuse

Morning All,

Still in front of the computer at 10:35 for no good reason...I better get on the move.

Hoping to get home early and keep rolling on the layout. My goal for this weekend is to have the HOn3 trains rolling (even if all of the track work is not complete...that means dropping and connecting feeders and unboxing the new Digitrax Zephyr. I'd love to have ALL of the trackwork down - but that will ultimately require me finishing a very large curved Micro Engineering trestle to fit an as yet undefined curve. 

Stay dry those in Helene's path...apparently, it's a very big storm. It's pretty far West of us, but the outer bands will be significant.

John

deemery

The dogs are at the groomers today, so things always feel strange when they're gone.  Last night was a bit rough, but today I feel a lot better. But I'm tired and lacking in motivation.  So I need to force myself to go do something, even if it's only clean up the basement...

Here's the wood truss taped to the bottom of the track, to get a sense of how it looks:
IMG_0204.jpg

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Onewolf

Good afternoon,

I made the trip down to Dalton GA this morning to pickup 1400 sq ft of random carpet tiles.  A little bit of rain up here in TN, but nothing or light mist down in GA.  An uneventful trip.

Going to enjoy a 4 day weekend as the remains of the hurricane arrive tomorrow morning.  They are forecasting 44/60 MPH winds for this area.

Doug

ACL1504

Afternoon all,

Forgot to check in but rather late than not at all.

Doug, that's a lot of random tile pieces, but it will look good when on the floor.

Hope are a having a great day.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL