Friday October 4, 2024

Started by jerryrbeach, October 04, 2024, 08:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

Heavy fog here to start the day, visibility under a half mile.  Lucky for me, I'm retired and do not have to venture out in it.

Several (modeling) irons in the fire for today, though I'm really ready to start a new project.  Finish something up, or start something new?  We shall see...

I hope everyone has a great day!
Jerry

MartyO

Morning,

I've started to see if I can make something with the Run About toy, it is really messed up.

One cat went to E-Vet last night for bladder issues. Today a different cat to nomal vet to see if it's eye has to removed. And the second daughter had news in the delay of her masters results.  A bit of a stressful day.

Tme to see what I can do to play today.
Marty

deemery

The cleaners are here this morning, so I have to sit to keep the dogs calm until they go.  After that, I'll go see how my static grass tuft experiment went.  I tried a bunch of different glues.  Then I need to assemble the 'props' for my tips clinic tomorrow.  

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

cuse

Morning All,

Weekend approaching...I do have a business "event" Saturday evening. I am hosting a large group ringside at an MMA event. But, otherwise, the weekend should be mine...I'd really like to dig into the MicroEngineering steel trestle that will allow me to complete the continuous run of the HOn3 portion of my layout...even if I just mock it up a bit with styrofoam bits - it would be very satisfying to have the track work "complete" for the most part. I'm excited about how it's coming along, but this bridge will be a delicate placement to ensure bulletproof running for years - so I must resist my natural inclination to slap things together and keep moving forward.  ;D

Busy morning coming but life is good.

John

ACL1504

Morning all,

Today I'm spending some time on my book.

John, good to hear you are back on railroad modeling. ME trestles are very nice and go together easily.

Have a great day ya'll and stay safe.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

Back from the pain clinic appointment.  They agree that an epidural probably won't help my leg weakness, but the insurance company may insist on this before they approve surgery.  I'm glad the insurance company knows better than the doctors.  Anyway, I start PT next week (which won't help either) and the epidural is scheduled in 3 weeks.  

Jeff

Onewolf

Mornin'

A nice fire at real work yesterday afternoon.

Thinking about organizing the basement garage so I can build the infrastructure needed for building benchwork.  Starting with a 4x8 table which will be used to assemble benchwork sections and to cut 4x8 sheets using my track saw.  And I will need to build a storage rack for all the benchwork lumber.  The one I built for the previous layout worked GREAT so I will use it as a model with some minor tweaks (slightly smaller because I don't have the large garage space like the previous detached garage had.

Doug

Photos of the previous lumber storage rack.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL