GC Laser Auction House

Started by Janbouli, December 22, 2013, 07:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janbouli

Wow , thank you TJ, looks like I could make mine a bit more colorful, but I'm not sure. Concrete floors with shavings seems to be the way to go , but I've also seen photo's with soil floors.

I'm going to look for some thin brass rod to make the railing in front of the office , not satisfied about that, and the fence in the sales ring was just to fragile so I'll be making that with brass rod as well.
I love photo's, don't we all.

Janbouli

The fence between the bleachers and the ring was so fragile I think I broke it by just looking at it, so i'll have to make one myself. At first I thought I would make it with brass rod, but the fact that it will hardly be visible doesn't justify spending the time soldering this tiny part. So I decided I would make it out of some styrene rod. In the middle of the photo the tiny holes the posts will be going into.

The rod , I get most styrene rod and embossed sheets from Slater's.

Posts cut with the chopper and glued into the holes.

First horizontal bar .

2nd bar , when the glue is dry I will cut off the ends sticking out.

At last all fences have posts glued to them.

And here you see some of the fences and gates in place.

Janbouli

Step by step , placing trusts , fences and gates, very nice kit , lots of work , don't start this one if you're the person that wants a kit finished in a few hours.

ACL1504

Jan,

Very nicely done on the kit. I really love all the detail on the cattle pens and ramps.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Janbouli

Thanks Tom

Getting to the end of fences, trusts and gates, just a few more to go.

Janbouli

Last trust, gate and fence placed.

First roof beam placed, glued one in place , turned the building 180 and then glued one on the other side whilst the other one was drying , and so on.

All roof beams except 2 that need to go on later ( this kit really needs you to follow the instructions, the numbers of the parts are the sequence).

tjseeley

Wow!  You are doing an amazing job on this - it looks so complicated.  I've never seen a model like this before - you will certainly have a show piece when you get done!

Janbouli

Thanks TJ , not complicated as long as you follow the instructions.

PHQRR

So many tiny tiny pieces....aaahhhhhh!  Looking great!

Janbouli

Thanks Al, I'm almost done with the tiny pieces , although I'm thinking of making the fences and gates for outside the structure the same way, that or write GC Laser if they can make me some fences and gates separately.

Janbouli

To covering the floor , I needed sawdust , very fine sawdust, this is what I picked up around my radial saw.

This is how it looks after a go through a tea strainer.

And then through a panty hose 50 Den, I forgot to take a picture of the strained product, but it was to my likings.

First piece of the floor , very carefully brushed some white glue on the surface I wanted sawdust to stick. And then just shook on some sawdust and quickly shook off what wouldn't stick.

I was satisfied how that looked so I did the rest of the floor in the same manner.

Janbouli

When the floor was finished I realized I shoudl place my little people before I put on a roof, here all the little people have had their butts or feet dotted with Scenic accents Glue, you leave this to become clear and then it is sticky.

Some photo's of the little people and cows , have to get me some other animals and standing people, and a standing person with a microphone as an auctioneer.

Overview of where I am now.

tjseeley

It's looking awesome!  I love the sawdust all over the floor (probably could use a little cow dung :-)  The people are great additions - I especially like the guys in the bleachers at the auction ring.  By the looks of the cows, it's an Ayrshire dairy that's being auctioned off.  Absolutely love your work!

gnatshop

Jan, the sawdust floor looks fantastic!
For cow dung, try a very small drop of gel CA swirled around with a pointed toothpick on a piece
of foil, so you can paint it, get it loose, and drop it naturally in the sawdust.
I ain't gonna go any further on how to drop it naturally!  ;D ;D ;D

Me and the Ledbetters know about cow dung!  ;D ;D ;D

I can't imagine this in N-Scale - I can't even send jokes that small! 

Janbouli

Thanks guys
There will be more animals auctioned off , I was thinking it was a farmers auction day where all kinds of animals were put up to auction not just one kind like cows, there will also be a farmers market on the premises, would that be a realistic scene even at a large auction house like this?