GC Laser Auction House

Started by Janbouli, December 22, 2013, 07:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHQRR

Yeah, you need a couple of prize hogs, and maybe some horses as far as animals go.  You might even have a couple of pieces of equipment too.
  Really a fantastic model!  Even more impressive to me is that it is N-scale. :o

tjseeley

It would absolutely be realistic to have a farmers' market.  At our weekly auctions, people sell eggs, vegetables, canned stuff, veggies from their gardens, etc.  Some even sell baskets, little wood planter boxes, etc.  They come every week.  We also have hay for sale (usually done before the small animals and livestock) - the chickens, ducks, and other fowl & rabbits are sold before the cattle, pigs, sheep & goats.  Back home in Vermont, we also had a machinery auction (commission sale) every other week with tractors, farm equipment, etc.  So there are a lot of possibilities!

Janbouli

Thanks again , ideas are going through my mind, auction with farmers market , or auction as part of a county fair with maybe even a Merry Go Round and a Shooting gallery and a podium with a baking or eating contest or would that be too tacky?
I love photo's, don't we all.

cuse

Jan,

Outstanding work! Great model, great job! Very clever solutions by the manufacturer to make such finely constructed fencing do-able.

-I didn't see how or when you colored all of the framework
-what are those ingenious figure holders?

Great Great Great!

John

Janbouli

Thanks John, I spray painted the parts after building substructures , every time I finished adding for instance the trusses, I gave it a layer of light spray with a rattle can. I used a rattle can with white primer , it gives such a light coat that even after several coats it still gives a whitewashed color. Of course everything is white but I found several photo's of these buildings being white, although TJ 's photo's have plenty of color in them.

The figure holders are from a Dollar Store , they are used by florists to make dryflower arrangements and are called floral foam. I also use these to press paint bottles in so they don't fall over easy, no carving needed just press the bottle down. And I use a larger rectangular version to stick my small tools in , files, knives etc.

On the left you can see my small tools in the rectangular floral foam.

Bntrainmaster

Jan,
I been following along with this build and all I can say is FANTASTIC JOB. I really like the sawdust on the floor. Being that my second hobby is woodworking, I have two [2] 50 gallon garbage bags filled with sawdust from my dust collector that I use to make wood loads for cars and I want to tell you that it does take time to sift/strain and sort out the dust in order to make different grades. As far as the structure itself, I have seen these on display at various shows from the manufacture and have always been impressed with there amount of detail offered for the money. 'GC laser' has some very neat and innovative structures. As far as being able to put one together in 'N' scale, well lets just say I have to commend you on this because it can be a challenge in 'HO' scale let alone 'N' scale. You have done a wonderful job on this and thank you for sharing with us you talents. You are a great inspiration.

jrmueller

Jan. This project is really amazing and not just because of the scale.  Pack it up and bring it to EXPO 2015!  By the way, I am embarrassed when I compare you workbench to mine.  Too neat and organized.  Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

barrymk

You really wouldn't want to see my workbench.......

Janbouli

Thanks guys , I got some N-scale Amish buggy's in today , they are brass and have to be folded , I think i'll need a good folding tool.

Dave K.

I love the photo-etch bending tool from The Small Shop. Not cheap, but solid...very nicely made.

http://thesmallshop.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2

Dave K.

Janbouli

Thanks Dave , I saw something similar on a German site , going to get me one of these , now which one ???

PHQRR

You continue to impress!  Great work.  Really nice bench, my whole work area is scattered about my office...

Janbouli

Thanks Al , as for the workbench , this was right after I installed the work room  ::)