Geezer's Lounge (Rev 1) - Volume 6

Started by Rick, September 05, 2026, 06:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

Mike, sorry I forgot to wish you well on todays procedure.
All the best to you and hope it's all that needs to be done.

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Thanks for opening and breakfast TomO. We got rain yesterday also but not as much as you.

Slept well last night but am dragging this morning for some reason. Yesterday was spent between chores and errands, so no workbench.

Today after chores I hope to make it to the workbench. No other plans today. Tomorrow Dad, me, and gs get a haircut.

Starting Monday gs starts evening adult HS classes. Call it tough love. One of the conditions for him living here is to either get his diploma or GED. MOH and I are all about getting an education. My first degree was done at night school while stationed on a shore duty  assignment.

Mike best wishes on your procedure.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

deemery

Trees are starting to turn, but we're heading into a couple of warm days.  We really need some nights around 40 degrees to get the leaves to change.  That didn't stop one tree in a neighbor's yard, this one usually turns first:
IMG_1866-smaller.jpeg
I could spend another week doing pick-up/put-away.  Is there anything more valuable in the layout room than open shelf space?

Russian spammers continue to knock at the door and be ignored...

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

TomO/Tloc

Mike best to you on the Cathlab visit.

TomO

KentuckySouthern

#304
Rain continues in the mitten state.


Eye Doc at noon.

Found my plaster of Paris is bad, bench time was bleh...

I appreciate the wishes, Rick, but I'm sure there is a half dozen more mows in the days ahead. 

Be well all

-30-

ACL1504

#305
Morning all,

Thanks for breakfast TomO.

Thanks for all the congrats on the radiation graduation. I'm sure happy it is over and I'm still feeling the effects. Doc said I will for another couple of weeks.

I spent the last two days reviewing all the chapters of the book, made a few corrections and added a little info as well. Today I'll write more and then later this afternoon do some catching up on the Horwood build. I also need to clean up the train shed from when I tore out the warped cardboard and foam.

We are going out tonight to our favorite steak house. It is a small celebration of my completion of radiation and ringing the bell. I found out that ringing the bell doesn't mean "cancer free", it means completion of the treatment.

Have a safe and happy day everyone.

Tom

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Mike,

I also forgot to wish you all the best in tomorrow's procedure. Hope it does go well and nothing further is necessary.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

elwoodblues

Good morning everyone,

Thanks for the coffee and breakfast TomO, hope the canvas goes well today.

Rick, 3 state parks within ½ hour?  I think I now know what you chose that place. 😊  Enjoy your hike this morning.

Larry, I hate it when a post goes into the ether, ☹ that's why I write my posts in word first, that way I have a back-up. 😊

Curt, glad to hear the your GS is going to get his GED, hope you make some good progress at the bench.

Dave,  you got to love the fall colours.

Karl, hope the eye doc appointment goes well.

Tom, my wife rang the bell 10 years ago now.  Enjoy your steak dinner, it's well deserved. 

Mike, hope the procedure goes well today.

It's a little warmer today with the current temperature at 17c (62f) with another day of rain in the forecast.  Started cutting foam for the mountain last night but didn't like how it was going, so I scrapped what I did and will start over.  Sometimes it's best to give up and start over with a different approach.

Have a great day everyone.
Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railroad Co.
www.cvry.ca

Larry C

Mike hope all goes well with the test and hope that's the conclusion.

Tom congrats on the radiation completion and enjoy the steak and ringing the bell.

Ron funny you should mention writing a post in a writing ap; I do that for Star Trek and may have to start doing that for here as well.
Current Projects: Pratt's Cove
                           
http://www.ussvigilant.blogspot.com

Zephyrus52246

Hopefully Mike's cath goes well today and no further surgery needed. 

Tom, always good to see someone "ring the bell".

Jeff

KentuckySouthern

"Karl, hope the eye doc appointment goes well."

We'll see.... 8)

Jerry

Afternoon everyone

Finally get to sit at the keyboard for a minute.
Errands seem to be my middle name!

This is short because I have nothing to show or say!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!  :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick

Good morning everyone.

43 right now, sun  ;D with a high of 63 later.

Coffee, sodas and OJ are ready.
Two eggs, bacon and/or breakfast sausage and hash browns for today's breakfast.

Jerry, hope you have an errand free day.

Ron, hope the second try is exactly how you want it.

ACLTom, you deserve to celebrate and hope the steak was tasty.

Karl, did you put the plaster in the corner.
Hope the eye exam went well.

Dave, that's a pretty tree.

Curt, hope the GS does well getting his GED.

Larry, I highlight my posts and copy them before hitting Submit.
Haven't lost a post yet.

Mike, how'd things go yesterday?

Philip, you've been quiet.

How's everyone else?

We did our 5 mile hike yesterday.
Still not a lot of color on the trees yet.
Nothing special planned yet for today.

Came across this large Snapping Turtle on the trail.

100126NewtonHillsSP02Small.jpg

100126NewtonHillsSP01Small.jpg

Have a great day everyone.

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Thanks for opening and breakfast Rick. The turtle reminds me of Clint Eastwood saying get off my yard!

Feeling better today. Yesterday I repainted one of the seawalls and I'm happier with it, although it really won't be seen easily. After that dried I glued them to the foam.

Today I'll start on the boat under construction. It looks to be fairly complicated between the boat and rigging around it.

Tom great picture of you ringing the bell.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Larry C

Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee and breakfast. That guy looks like he'd take a finger or two if you let him; how'd Star react seeing that critter? Actually that's the first post I've lost but I'll certainly be more careful from now on.

Curt good luck with your diorama. Take your time and I'm sure you'll do just fine with the boat build.

What's your plans for the day?

It's a cloudy 69 and that's about as warm as it's going to get today. High chance of rain then the temps won't get out of the 60's for a few days and down into the mid 30's one night. Found a "Mom & Pop Shop" in North Dakota that sells all kinds of nautical details so I ordered a half dozen items and their shipping was only 10 bucks as opposed to SW in Texas charging $20; go figure.

Have an enjoyable and safe day!! Be well.
Current Projects: Pratt's Cove
                           
http://www.ussvigilant.blogspot.com

Powered by EzPortal