Geezer's Lounge (Rev 1) - Volume 6

Started by Rick, September 05, 2026, 06:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomO/Tloc

Good morning crew. Wisconsin is cool! 47f feeling like 40 and heading to 64. Today it shall be dry. I have to wander downstairs and go out to check the rain gauge. 36 hours of rain would have been nice in July and August.

We went to hockey on campus last night. The Badger Women raised the 9th NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP banner last night before they destroyed Boston University. Class act by BU and its coaching staff. They were on their bench clapping for the Badgers during the ceremony. Not all visitors have done that in the past. Again today at 5pm.

I'm torn between attending the PNW layout work session today, tomorrow or neither. I'm working on a canvas until 8 or whenever. I'll decide then based on Terry's health. I'm taking a break now as I've been in the studio since around 4:30

To all returning from medical things may we all be pointed in a healthy direction.

Enjoy your day
TomO

deemery

Warm today (arguably 'hot' for this time of year. 17 degrees above average), heading to 82.  But it's sunny, at least until the cold front starts to move in and that'll push some showers around dinnertime.  

Last night I made the first of wife's 2 requested birthday dinners (since she didn't feel like going out).  Hamburgers from the grill and fresh corn on the cob from our local farm stand.  The machinists out there know there are 2 ways to eat corn, like a lathe around the diameter, and like a shaper back and forth. ;D  Tonight it'll be (gluten free) pizza.  

In between, I'll head down to the train room and do some organizing.  The scenery stuff has gotten all over the place, I probably have too much to choose from.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

elwoodblues

Good morning everyone,

Thanks for the coffee and breakfast Rick, that dude looks like he has an attitude problem.  Enjoy your easy day today.

Curt, glad you are feeling better.  Have fun working on the boat.

Larry, Nice find on the nautical details. 

TomO, hope you figure out what you want to do regarding the PNW work sessions.

Dave, you can never have too much scenery stuff. 😊  Hope the organizing goes well.

Another day of rain with the current temperature of 15c (60f).  It's Friday so at least I get to work from home today. 😊  No modeling last night as I got home later than usual.  Seeing as I don't have the 1-1/4hr drive home I should be able to get downstairs today.

Have a great day everyone.
Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railroad Co.
www.cvry.ca

KentuckySouthern

#318
Mid 50s with sun  8) after the fog burns off.  No rain for a few days, nice.

2" showing in the rain gage, good soak for the 36 or so hours of off and on stuff.

Colors are changing nicely and prior to the rain Wed and yesterday the farmers had the soy bean heads on their combines and making lots of dust, probably be a day or two before they get back at that.

Eye exam went well, new Rx for specs if I want but no hurry there.  I've been having sinus pressure and head aches, the Doll said go to urgent care, so, we did.  Got a Prednisone 6-5-4-3-2-1 pack and a antibiotic and spray.  Took first dose after we got home.  Hmmm.... after an 0130 whiz I couldn't sleep,  :o stayed up to 0500 putting number patch decals on a few of the hopper cars I just bought. 0500 return to the rack and went off in Z-ville until about 0745.  Feel ok today so far.  I will take my stuff mid day sometime.  The number patches were done on the same sheet of decal paper at the same time as the early week disaster, no issue.  I didn't use any decal solution, at all, just the water from the decal, while not perfect, they do look like patch outs and some weathering and dull they'll be just fine for what they are. 

No plans yet, but surely something will come along.   :o

friscomike

Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for opening, coffee, and breakfast.  How did Star react to the turtle?

Curt, glad you are feeling better.  Good luck with the boat construction.

Larry, don't you hate it when that happens?  Congrats on the Mom and Pop find.

TomO, congratulations to the Badger Women.

Dave, scenery cleanup can be a pain.  Good luck.

Ron, hope you make it downstairs.  A boy needs his relaxation.

Karl, hope you feel better soon.

How are the rest of the gang?

The Cathlab went well yesterday.  There were no blockages, but I still don't know why I am short of breath, and my chest hurts after exertion. Today will be a rest day.  

Many thanks to those who asked about my health and wished me well.

Have fun,
mike

Jerry

Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee & breakfast.
That is an ugly looking turtle looks like he's pi**ed off at the world!!  ;D

Curt glad your feeling better.

Larry glad you found the details you were looking for.
Try here next time  https://frenchmanriver.com

TomO what are you painting??

Morning Dave.

Ron won't you be glad when there all Saturdays!!  :D

Karl glad the eye exam went well.  Hope the sinus are better today.

Mike glad the cathlab went well.  I have the same problem with shortness of breath and the pain.  They guess why but it still doesn't help!!

Weather in South Jersey is sunny/73.
We were going to go the beach but Diane doesn't feel that well this morning.
As usual nothing to report from the bench.
Maybe some time there today.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!  :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Powered by EzPortal