Video Tour

Started by Chet, September 30, 2014, 12:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chet

I am new to the forum and haven't been able to post any pictures so I figured that I would give you a video tour on my layout which is still under construction. The Logan Valley is a freelance railroad set in southwestern Montana in 1957. It starts in the Yard at a Logan, goes through the layout, which is a point to point and ends going into hidden staging tracks, which will allow continuous running. More scenery has been added since this video was taken.  It is in 1080 P HD.        Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiVKY_jl-w4

GPdemayo

Neat video Chet, great looking layout..... 8)  Welcome to the forum.....
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Janbouli

Great video Chet , thank you for sharing, could you post a trackplan of your layout , just so we could see which part we are going through with the video.
I love photo's, don't we all.

S&S RR

Chet

Welcome to the forum! I enjoyed the video tour - nice looking layout. Looking forward to you future updates.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Chet

I wish I had a track plan to show you. I never had one. The layout was started about 25 years ago, hand laying code 70 rail and turnouts. If I could figure out how to post pictures I would post some to give you an idea of how the goes, but I haven't been able to post any. I have been able to upload a few photos to a gallery but am unable to get them to post. What I can do in the future is to take a video overview of the layout and post it.

The layout is a point to point, with a yard and engine facility at each end, and hidden staging tracks which can allow for continuous running, but I very seldom do this.The layout was built as a switching layout. There are about 20 some customers in four towns on the layout. A local switcher would start from either yard, switch industries along the main line and the loaded cars would go to a yard where they would be put into an outbound train and moved onto one of the hidden staging tracks. Another train with loaded cars could then be brought into one of the yards, broken down and made into a local train and a local freight again would service industries.

A lot of the industries on the layout are also tied together serving other industries along the route. I am a lone operator as ther are no other modelers in the area so this type of operation works well for me. I have no hobby shops at all in my area so that's why progress has been so slow. Thankfully e-retailers that have come on line in recent years have been a big help.

If someone could help me to figure out how to post pics, I have a lot to post. 

GPdemayo

Hi Chet.....give me a call and I'll walk you thru it, you've just missed 1 step. 407-834-2183
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

halrey

Chet welcome, nice job on both the layout and the video.

What did you use for the tree armatures? They look good.

Hal
Hal Reynolds
Atlantic Scale Modelers
PO Box 223
Peabody, MA 01960

ACL1504

Chet,

Thanks for sharing the video with us. Nicely done and welcome to the forum.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

John B

Chet

Welcome to the forum! I enjoyed the video tour

RailroadKits

Ditto what they all said!

It runs very well too. This video makes me want to go downstairs and put a camera on a train again. It is such a neat perspective.

I thought I was alone until the very end when the arm appeared in the video...

Jimmy

S&S RR

Quote from: Chet on September 30, 2014, 04:17:56 PM
I wish I had a track plan to show you. I never had one. The layout was started about 25 years ago, hand laying code 70 rail and turnouts. If I could figure out how to post pictures I would post some to give you an idea of how the goes, but I haven't been able to post any. I have been able to upload a few photos to a gallery but am unable to get them to post. What I can do in the future is to take a video overview of the layout and post it.

The layout is a point to point, with a yard and engine facility at each end, and hidden staging tracks which can allow for continuous running, but I very seldom do this.The layout was built as a switching layout. There are about 20 some customers in four towns on the layout. A local switcher would start from either yard, switch industries along the main line and the loaded cars would go to a yard where they would be put into an outbound train and moved onto one of the hidden staging tracks. Another train with loaded cars could then be brought into one of the yards, broken down and made into a local train and a local freight again would service industries.

A lot of the industries on the layout are also tied together serving other industries along the route. I am a lone operator as ther are no other modelers in the area so this type of operation works well for me. I have no hobby shops at all in my area so that's why progress has been so slow. Thankfully e-retailers that have come on line in recent years have been a big help.

If someone could help me to figure out how to post pics, I have a lot to post.

Chet

There are a few how to threads on posting pictures here 1. Posting on Modelers Forum.

If you still have problems let me know and I would be happy to walk through it with you. I about pulled what's left of my hair out getting started here - but once you get use to it - it works pretty well.

In the words of Jaime one of our founding members " We love pictures".
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

EricQuebec

Quote from: halrey on September 30, 2014, 05:32:47 PM
Chet welcome, nice job on both the layout and the video.

What did you use for the tree armatures? They look good.

Hal
Ditto, I like your trees.
Eric QUébec city

Chet

The trees are made from sagebrush. It's all over the place out here in Montana. They take about 15 to 20 minutes to make and I figure that they cost about 50 cents each when they're done. I was going to make a post on the trees but I haven't figured out how to post pictures. Everything I have tried doesn't work. Apparently the picture file is too large.

GPdemayo

Chet.....in case you didn't get the IM reply, anytime after 5:30 & before 9:00 PM EDT will be okay.
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

Chet