Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin -- 1950's

Started by ak-milw, December 24, 2013, 06:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ak-milw

Up Date!!
Put the plaster down and painted, crossing is painted in the lighter gray for concrete, sidewalk crossing is in and painted, sidewalk to house is painted. Pictures tomorrow after I hit the gray paint with a little A/I wash.

tom.boyd.125

Andy,
Great work on those 2 scratch built Sears homes. They look perfect in place on your layout !
Tom
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

ACL1504

Andy,

Those are two great looking houses. Well done!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ak-milw

A little more progress, next comes the landscaping by the house.

ak-milw

Thanks for the comments,

Finished the landscaping around the Solace house, added two street lights and a lady out for a stroll. Also started on the wood part of the crossing. I use 1/16 by3/32 basswood strips, cut to about two feet aside longer than the pavement. Five of these strips fit perfect between the rail with enough room for the wheel flanges. When They are all in I will use Apple Barrel acrylic oak stain on them then an A/I wash.  Then fill in the ballast and this scene is done.

ak-milw

Crossings done and ballasted, the two house scene is finished.

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ak-milw

While I am working on the station I also will be working on the site. The station will be the rectangle on the right, the one on the left will be a Laser Art Victorian Tower house kit. I have the sidewalk blanks cut out and scribed except for the rounded one on the corner.

Powersteamguy1790

Very nice scene Andy. :) 8)

Stay cool and run steam.......... 8) 8)

ak-milw

ak-milw

Finished the sidewalk and added a concrete retaining wall. now for some paint and weathering.

Powersteamguy1790

Nice looking Mikado Andy.. :) 8)

Stay cool and run steam....... 8) 8)

ak-milw

Quote from: Powersteamguy1790 on October 28, 2016, 09:02:31 PM

It's an old Riv. I use it for pictures only, the flanges are to big to go through my turnouts.

Powersteamguy1790

Quote from: ak-milw on October 28, 2016, 09:06:58 PM
Quote from: Powersteamguy1790 on October 28, 2016, 09:02:31 PM

It's an old Riv. I use it for pictures only, the flanges are to big to go through my turnouts.

You can always mill the flanges Andy. It isn't too hard to do.